Nine

Aurilius

The sun reflected through her hair. She was lying down on the lounge chair on our boat. Last night I was too tired to touch her. She looked relieved for some reason. Another woman would have demanded me to consummate the bond. But she is passive. 

The pups were sleeping on another chair next to her. She made sure to give them the shade. I want her company too. But right now, Luna and Dimka were getting all her attention.

"You can go on for a swim, the water will feel nice." How am I trying to understand this thing? Luna told me how she heard the conversation between Alpha Jorden and her. How he told her that she can still run away as I haven't marked her. She didn't mention him once. Allure hasn't said a word. Not a word. She stood up and took off her cover and then gracefully dived into the water. I can just watch her from afar.

Go and be with your bride these are the moments you should be together

I shook my head "No Dimka, she needs time to understand me. Rushing will not help in anything. She will push me away. I do not want that." I told him. I am getting advice from my wolf about how to keep my mate happy. Imagine that, me getting advice from a wolf.

I know more about mates than you

"You let Luna lead you everywhere and you follow her. She is wiser than you are that is why you do not fall into conflict."

Maybe you shall do the same and let her do what she likes to...

Does he know something that I don't? I heard her getting up on the boat and I walked towards her handing her a towel. I saw the marks on her skin now visible more with her lack of clothing. She was in a black bikini and it shows her scars very well. I took the towel from her hand and begin drying her. She was standing there not moving at all.

"You don't need to hide your body from me Lovette, I own it all now. I like it how it is, and I found it beautiful. Now you received a little sun on your body, it looks better not pale". I pulled her away from the sun and towards the cabin leaving the pups with their mother and father. "I told you I will teach you how to operate this boat." I placed her hand over the wheel. I then held her hand on mine over which my ring rested.

I started to tell her about the various things on the control. Then I took her hand and started to move it over the cold metal wheel. "Turn it like this here, let's find a destination," I whispered into her ear. Then I showed her the map. We can travel the world in this, with me and her and Luna and Dimka. Maybe someday, we can. I felt a headache creeping in. But I do not wish to lose control of myself. Then she will be afraid only. That is not what I want.

"Give me a few moments Lovette" I ran down to the room and took out my pills. "For her, I need to do this for her," I told myself and I took them. Moments later she joined me "how are you feeling?" I looked at her and pulled her closer placing my head on her abdomen. "Better now," I told her. "You should get some sleep. That will make you feel better." She advised me. 

"No, I am alright. I have taken these days out of my busy schedule so that I can know you better before marking you. I do not want to waste them by sleeping."

She refrained from touching me. "You need not do that. I am nothing special, your highness. What I will do is disappoint you. My life story is not very interesting." She tried to pull back but I pulled her closer and made her sit down on my lap.

 "I wish to know even then," I told her. "What do you wish to know? I have told you, my story. It is the the same." You expect me to believe that? I am a King; I deal with hundreds of problems of my subject every single day. I know when someone tries to hide something.