Eight

I felt someone watching me. My eyes opened. And I saw The Alpha King. He was watching me sleep. He stood up and walked toward me. Then he pulled the covers and get into the bed next to me. He was naked from the waist above. I scooted away but he pulled me to him spooning me. I don't understand why he was here next to me. He should be in his room. The room as he does not allow anyone but himself.

I didn't dare move as he ran his nose along my neck. I was frozen with fear. He curled up to me more. I didn't get a wink of sleep afterward. I pulled his hand away and got out of the bed. I saw there was a sketch pad where he was sitting and as I go through it. I found drawings of Luna and Dimka. He was such a good artist.

Then I turned the pages and I saw drawings of me. Vivid drawings, from the first day I have met him then, and the last one was of me sleeping. He was sketching me. But the question is why does he want to sketch me? what is the purpose? I put it back as it was not want him to scold me again for touching his things and then I sat on the couch for the night, as far away from him as possible.

The next morning, I felt someone stroking my hair and I opened my eyes. Surprisingly I was on the bed. "Good morning Lovette." Why am I in bed? Why is he here? "I shall let you get ready for the day. Today you want to look like the most beautiful bride that can ever be and tonight, I shall mark you as mine. My hand reached for my neck on instinct. He held my hand and moved it a little down...

"Here I shall mark you and we shall consummate our marriage and the bond." He told me. Still, he was very naked from the waist above. "The dressmaker is here with the dress. I would see you next at the place you have chosen to be wedded." He turned around to leave but then he turned back and placed a kiss on my forehead. "Lovette, I do not show my possessiveness but that doesn't mean I am not possessive over you. You shall always remember that you belong to me now." Then he left. I belong to him? Like some object?

Why did he say that again? What is going on here inside the castle? I watched Jenifer enter. "Your highness" She bowed. "These all came from different provinces. The gifts for the new queen." I wonder if they want me to become that in reality. "I am going to draw the bath, your highness." I nodded getting up. Then I started to go through things that they had sent as a wedding gift when I run across a bracelet.

I almost dropped the gift box down. "Are you alright your highness?" I nodded looking at the bracelet still. I held it in my hand touching the shells that it was made up of. "It looks handmade," Jenifer commented. "Yes, it is, can you confirm where it had come from?" I asked. "Yes, it is from the new Alpha of the Graveridge pack." I put it down. "Is the Alpha here?" Don't answer that. "I believe so. He was invited too. And your pack is here as well. The Alpha King is attending to them as we speak."

I have picked up these, do you like them? I will make you something out of it.

I opened my eyes to find myself still in the bath. I lied to Aurilius when I said to him that I do not have any friends. I had friends once. I was once like every other girl full of dreams and hope. Now, I don't have anything of those. I heard my name being called and then they laid me towards the room again. I am about to become a bride to the King of the werewolves. What more could any girl want? I was a commoner who had a right to sit on a throne. What more can I have to make myself happy?

I felt the dress slide on my skin. The ivory suited my skin tone. It made me look paler like the death itself. I was polished to perfection and with that, I had to shade every emotion that I had left in me. Here no one cares about what I think. Here the only thing that mattered was I did as I asked.

Then what is the difference between your previous life and now?

I was invisible to everyone's eyes. Now I would have to check my activities as I would be watched twenty- four seven. The veil was put on to my head covering me. And a crown was the last thing to go. I saw Jenifer holding a bunch of flowers in her hand. She handed them to me. I was joined by Dimka and Luna once I reached the gardens. I always imagined this. But when it came to this it feels unrealistic.