Twelve

Aurilius

As I woke up on my bed my hands instinctively searched for something over my side. But I found it empty. I don't understand what I was looking for. But something feels really amiss from my side. I heard a knock and I asked them to come in. 

"Sire, your breakfast." The she-wolf didn't dare to lift up her gaze. "Where am I?" I asked. "At the building of the counsel sire." Yes, I am for the meeting. I remember telling Allure that...

I sat up on my bed clutching my head. It hurts so bad. And I need Allure by my side. I am missing my mate. That is why my wolf is so restless. 

"Inform my driver, I am leaving now." She bowed and walked away. The meeting had kept me away from her for days and it is not easy away from your mate like this. I need to reach out to her immediately.

I pulled on my clothes trying to figure out which way it was the exit. And then I told them to drive me to the airport. Maybe it is not only her. It is Luna and Dimka as well. I had never ever been away from them after I have rescued them. But it is more about Allure, my Lovette. My mate, my wife, and in the future not so far the mother of my child.

I got on to the plane and as soon as it took off I started to dial her number because for some reason I cannot find her through our mind link and I don't like when I cannot find her. I need her to keep me in check. She is something that I need now that I have tasted how good it can feel.

I reached my castle and straight towards our bedroom. But it was empty could she be in her workshop? I walked towards it to find it locked. Then I remembered it is a school day. She is there. But I can drop by to check on them. They sure would not mind a former student and their king being there.

But what if she doesn't like it?

It was a question revolving around my mind. Even if she was my mate, which she wasn't truly meant to be, she still somehow ended up being with me. But she has not still accepted that from the heart. Shall I bring her something? Perhaps the gift that I have brought for her? No, it isn't a good idea to make a public display of it.

I told my driver to drive me to her school. I told him to wait and that I won't be long. Inside the school it was silent. No one was around as I walked through the corridor. So, I assume that the classes were running. But as I made my way towards them, they were empty as well. I wonder where they could be. Then I saw two students going somewhere.

"Excuse me," I asked. They looked at me, I don't know if they had recognized me in my casual clothes. Because of how they have reacted I think they don't know who I am. Because they didn't stiffen or bowed or ran away. Or did everything out of that list simultaneously? "Yes, are you new here?" The boy asked. So, they are seniors or else they wouldn't have that attitude to begin with.

"Yes, I wonder what the Spanish class is," I asked not revealing my true identity. "The whole school is in the gymnasium watching the queen try out for the basketball team." Basketball huh? How she never told me this unique set of skills she has? "Can you please point me out to the gymnasium then?" I asked them still not revealing my true identity. That made me wonder exactly how many people knows about me being the King.

I let them lead me to the gymnasium and then I heard the voices of the people cheering on someone. I don't know who it is. But someone was there playing the ball. The crowd continued cheering. "Jamie, Jamie, Jamie, Jamie." Then everything stopped as she neared the basket and then shot it over the hoop. 

I saw the coach put his hand over his head. "That is one for the queen." And then I heard the coach sigh. "Accept it boys, she is better than all of you. Even your basketball star of the season Ivan."