Eleven

I was surprised how he could have known. "The bond is good and at the same time, it is very bad. It lets me hear your private thoughts. I can hear your thoughts clearly about Alpha Jorden. You cannot block me out. I might be your husband and mate but I am alpha to everyone." In other words, I was a mere measly human.

 I am nothing compared to him; I do not have any special power. "It was a private conversation. I didn't even know that it was his call." I replied very timidly. I was hoping he would believe me.

He put a plate in front of me. My hunger had vanished. I couldn't make myself eat in his intimidating presence. "Eat up, I am not asking you what you were talking to him about. I haven't heard the actual conversation. I was only catching up to your distress." He touched my arm and I felt this soothing sensation pass through me. And moments later I couldn't even remember what I was feeling so distressed about.

"Relax, you are safe with me." "Safe with you," I said as if I was in a trance. I remembered feeling like this before like it was a dream. I remembered someone wiping the scars, like an eraser. It was so soothing. It was warm and something I have never thought I would encounter ever. This feels so good. I want to lean on this warmth more and more. I felt then a shroud of darkness all around me engulfing the light.

No, not this light, it makes me feel warm and wanted. I wanted to hold on to it. "No, the darkness, it is everywhere. I do not want to go into this darkness anymore. I do not wish to face this darkness anymore. I felt someone's lips on mine. 

I begin to relax. I feel safe yet again. And then the darkness was filled in little by little with the same warm light. I am not alone anymore. I have him with me. I have Aurilius with me. My eyes opened and met his hazel eyes.

"Are you alright?" he looked fairly concerned. "I am fine, I promise you." I pulled back but he wasn't ready to let go of me. He wasn't leaving me. I saw his hands were glowing and he was looking at me without blinking. "Now, you never have to be afraid of the dark for I have filled it with my light. And my light will forever be with you." He told me thought it came from somewhere deep within him.

I turned around to look in the mirror and a shriek escaped my lips. That is what made his concentration break. My eyes were glowing. It was like a burning pool of fire and I do not like it a bit. As soon as his trance ended, I too stopped having the glowing eyes. Then came the pain like no other. It was like my head was splitting into two. "Aurilius, what have you done to me?" Before he can answer I passed out.

My eyes opened and this time I was in a very familiar bed. We are back at the castle. Jenifer was reading something when she saw me. "Are you alright? When you came in you were comatose," She informed me. "Oh, then he must be in..." "He is in a meeting but his highness requested that he shall be personally informed because he wishes to show you the gift, he had gotten for you. And yes, he also, wants you to be dressed comfortably and meet him in the gardens." She told me.

I picked out a white simple dress and walked towards the garden. He was there waiting for me. "How was your meeting?" I asked him. "It is as usual as it goes always. But that is not why I have called you here. I do not wish to tarnish your imagination with all these political things. Come with me please, I have to leave for another matter very urgently and I might not be back for the night." Is that what you have called me here for? "Tomorrow you will be starting the school with Jenifer, focus on that for now." He told me.

"Can I not wear these clothes to school?" I asked him. "A queen must be forever poised. You are not there to make friends; you are there to rule." He told me. "My life is lonelier as it was. I thought that I would have some people who can be my friend." He turned and looked at me. 

 "Rulers of the nation are lonely. That is why they are the only people capable of ruling. They should never have anything that can draw them back. It has the capabilities to destroy them." He told me. The seriousness in his tone tells me that he wasn't joking about this at all.