Chapter 1 - Rain

I always thought I would live a mediocre life, I always thought that nothing could go wrong and I would just be handed everything on a silver platter like the rest of the people here, I was wrong.

"Rain it's time to get up for school"

"Coming mom!"

I hopped out of my bed and started a fresh week at my school Edgewater Secondary School. I have my 2 friends Hina and Rei , you know they can be a pain in the ass sometimes even if they are my friends.
"Yo Rain." Rei was calling me over.

"What's up?"

"I heard that someone shit their pants in science class on Friday I don't know he was like this buff asian man, anyways have you seen Nabi?"

"I'm right here Rei"

"All right we are all here let's head to class"

You know life was good, we were having fun, enjoying our childhood. What I didn't know is how much, much, MUCH worse our lives could get.

6 ½ Hours Later...

"Remember class you need to study the periodic table of elements if you want to do good on the quiz tomorrow!" I didn't care about studying I just wanted to go home.

"So you guys up to go to McDonalds or some shit?" Rei asked.

"Nah I gotta head home and help my ma with dinner see you guys tomorrow though!"

As I was walking home something or someone popped up outta nowhere.

"Bro where did this guy come from?" I asked myself.
"Rain... Rain... RAIN."

This mystery man was shouting out my name or something I had no idea who he was or what his intent was.
"Uh sir? Do you need something?"

He suddenly charged straight towards me and pinned me straight to the ground

"YOUR LUCK HAS CHANGED RAIN. LIFE MIGHT BE GOOD FOR YOU NOW BUT YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE IN FOR A RUDE AWAKENING CHILD."

I don't know what this man was saying but he was spouting blasphemy, I don't know what he was trying to say to me or what his intent was. The moment I blinked a trident suddenly appeared in his hand and he impaled my stomach with it.

My screams in agony called to nobody. My gruesome cries, nothing was heard. Absolutely nothing.

I thought to myself, I was really gonna die here by this man I have never met in my life! WHY IS HE DOING THIS?

"Like I said Rain, your life is about to take a big change and I want to make you into an absolute monster so what I am going to do is take everything you love away from you. I need you to kill HIM and I know you are the only one that can do that Rain."

What is he talking about? WHY AM I HERE DYING ON THE FLOOR AND WHY DOES HE WANT TO TAKE EVERYTHING AWAY FROM ME? All these questions but no answers. In the moment I felt a burst of energy surge through me. I pushed him off and got up.

"You aren't going to run now are you?" He said.

"I guess I have no choice but to fight you."