Chapter 19 - Fever Dream

2 Months later...

"It's almost Rain's birthday, you think we should get him something?"

"It's not like it matters he won't know..."

Rain POV:

"Where am I?"

"You are in a state of limbo, Rain."

Thunder has joined me in whatever hell we are in, I forget what happened, but i'm glad that he is here with me.

"What are we doing here Thunder?"

"You are braindead Rain, literally. You died for over 3 minutes and now you are in a state where you cannot think, speak, move, breathe you are a useless human with no reason to even be here anymore."

"So i'm stuck in this state of limbo until my body fully ascends to the afterlife?"

"Precisely... unless you actually wake up from this horrid brain injury you suffered."

"I lost blood? That isn't a brain injury."

"You were dead for 3 minutes. Your brain had no oxygen for 3 minutes. Can you imagine the damage you suffered?"

I could hear the beeping noise of vital monitors, I wonder if I could wake up from this, if I do i'll make sure that Soni BURNS IN HELL.

"Rain, I believe you can still wake up from this. I NEED YOU TO USE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE TO GET US OUT OF HERE."

"Happy birthday Rain..."

I could hear the echoes of Hina and Rei in the hospital celebrating my birthday, I wish I could talk to them, I truly do.

"So you turn 16 today, not that this is the life that you want to be living at 16 but at least you made it here!"

I started meditating focused all my energy to awake from this coma, to get out of this hell. I needed to for everyone that needs me.

I closed my eyes and focused. I said to myself that I need to believe in myself AND GET OUT OF HERE!

My eyes opened, I could see the vital monitor, Hina and Rei were leaving the room and I wanted to say something but I couldn't talk, I could see the hospital ceiling, the bed I was sleeping on, everything seemed so real, and it was.

In the most raspy voice I said: "guys... i'm here."

They glanced back at me and their jaws dropped to the floor, they saw me awake and breathing.

"Tell me i'm not dreaming. PLEASE TELL ME!" Rei said while he was about to break down.

"I don't think you are dreaming." I replied with a gentle smile

"Rain... happy birthday. I missed you bud." Hina said while she was smiling right back at my face.

Tears started rolling down their eyes and I tried to comfort them with a smile but they just wouldn't stop bawling their eyes out.

"I wasn't gone for too long!"

"You were gone for 2 months..." Hina said shakily.

"Where is Soni now?" I said while looking up at the ceiling.

"We don't know."

"I'll dispose of scum like him, I won't let him get rid of me that easily a second time." I said with a burning passion in my eyes.

"You need to get a lot stronger if you even want to be close to his level, you saw what he did to you." Rei said.

"I KNOW THAT!" I exclaimed, I was annoyed at the fact that the difference between us was greater than I was making it out to be.

I got out of bed ready to train,I left the hospital and went straight back to Kenji's house and when I got there I was greeted with the house being in a shambolic state, it was in ruins, the red brick mansion that I lived in was now in ruins.

"WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED!?" I exclaimed in pure rage.

I ran inside the house to see Majin with a missing arm and Kenji nowhere to be seen.

"Tell me what happened here Majin." I said with a passive aggressive tone.

"Soni... came back." He replied in a weak tone, he was on his last leg and he was dying. I needed to do something to save him but I didn't have anything to heal him. My healing magic isn't up to par with someone like Hina or Kenji.

I ripped off a piece of my shirt and wrapped it around Majin's severed arm.

"Where did they go?" I asked.

"T-T-They went south." He said barely able to keep a hold of himself.

"I think it's time to end him once and for all." I said with a determined look in my eyes.

"NO! YOU WILL NOT CHASE THEM." Majin exclaimed. He wanted to make sure I was safe but, I didn't care. I wanted to get back at the man who almost killed 2 of us now, but then I was reminded by Rei who told me the difference in our strength, that's when I realized it wasn't rash to go and chase him.

"We wait here for Kenji."