Chapter 2 - Power

"Before we fight, tell me who you are. I need to know."

"*scoffs, my name is Akio. I have sent you here to awaken your powers from deep inside you... Rain you have something lurking inside you that's waiting to be let out."

I had no clue as to what Akio was talking about, I didn't even know what was going on. All I thought was that I needed to beat this guy no matter what.

"You know Rain why don't come train under me, I'll take good care of you, I promise."

I laughed... this man really thinks I would train under him.

He jolted straight towards me and punched me straight in the throat, I didn't know what I felt in that moment but... I didn't like it at all. All I could remember next was me waking up in the hospital.
5 Days Later... (Saturday)

I woke up to the sounds of a heart rate monitor beeping beside me and myself being hooked up to a bunch of IV tubes.

"Wha? What happened to me?"

I asked myself many questions that day yet I didn't get many answers. I was only able to figure out his name and not really anything else, I'm such a failure.

"Rain... you were in a coma for 5 days. The doctors said that your trachea should've been crushed but it wasn't. Thank God!"

My Ma was in tears when she saw me wake up from that coma. I haven't seen her smile in that long for quite some time now.

"Rain Sigma, I will be your doctor for today my name is Haru. I've seen that you have sustained quite the injury here!" Doctor Haru exclaimed with enthusiasm

"Miss, when will I be out of bed because I really need to be getting back home"

All I could think about is what Akio said, he said that he was going to take everything away from me. I don't know what's going on but what I need to do is get help to control these powers or whatever I have now and defeat Akio before he can take everything away from me.

"After reviewing everything about your body you seem to be in an unstable state, unfortunately we will need to keep you here for at least another week. I'm sorry Rain I truly am but this is for your benefit."

"Thank you Doctor Haru I truly appreciate the help."

2 Weeks Later...

"I don't have time to go to school. I need to look for someone that can help me learn how to use these powers."

As soon as I said that someone appeared in front of me in the blink of an eye.

"Hello Rain... I heard that you needed some help to learn how to use your powers well I Kenji will be of great help to you."

Oh God who is this now how is he supposed help me?

"You see Rain you have gained the ability to use mana... any human can use mana if they are exposed to the Trident of Asphamore, don't ask me where it got that name I just came up with it on the spot. Anyways, this "mana trident" gave you the ability to use powers that not many people can. I can help you learn how to use the ways of mana so please... come with me Rain."

"This is my only choice I see... well Kenji I accept your proposal, teach me how to use mana, please."