Chapter 12 - Suffering

"I'm back, Kenji."

"How did it go?"

"Yamato approached us... I don't know what he was after, but he didn't really do anything to us."

"Odd..."

"Anyways I'm going to go see what's going on with Hina and Rei."

"Yamato encountered Me and Rei..."

"I heard."

"I don't know what he wanted, Rain do you think you know what he wanted?"

"Rei... the only thing I can think of is that he was trying to learn our abilities, I don't even know what your guy's abilities are."

"Me and Hina have not learned much to be honest."
"What have you learned?"

"QUAKE BARRAGE."

The earth shook around me and a bunch of spikes popped up out from the ground beneath me.

"Holy shit. That caught me off guard."

"Anyways, Hina it's all you now."

"GORGEOUS BLA-"

"NO WAY YOU NAMED YOUR FIRST ATTACK GORGEOUS BLAST SHIT TOO FUNNY." I bursted out laughing at Hina at the stupidity of her attack name.

"bro"

"Yeah it is pretty funny Hina, that's a dumbass name for an attack, stick to just support. You got one more thing up your sleeve. Show us."

"Shielding. WARD"

A whole barrier was formed around us and honestly that's about it. It was just a basic barrier.

"Bro what is this supposed to do?"

"fuck you."

As we were joking, Yamato appeared right in front of us with my mom.

"YAMATO WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

"This is it Rain. THIS IS THE FIRST TRUE ADVERSITY YOU FACE. IT'S ME, PEEN WAS NOTHING."

"Let my mom go. Please, don't do this. She did nothing."

Her mouth was covered in tape, I couldn't make out what she was saying. I just wanted to hear my mom speak."

"I will take everything you love away from you. HE doesn't need to do anything."

"Who's he? You and Akio have said this JUST TELL ME."

"Sonible."

"Who?"

"He is the one who will take everything you love away from you if I don't."

"Don't do anything to my mom. Please, I beg you. She is my world and without her, I AM NOTHING."

As soon as I spouted those words Yamato put his arm straight through my mother like she was nothing. In the next moment I couldn't think. I was just looking at my mom as a tear ran down her eye and as a tear ran down my eye I screamed my mothers name. He ripped the tape off her mouth so that she could at least have a few words as he dissipated into the mist. My eyes were filled with rage. I only wanted one thing and that was to kill him. I WANTED TO STRANGLE HIM SO HARD. THE NEXT TIME I SEE HIM. IT WILL BE THE LAST TIME HE EVER SEES THE LIGHT.

"No... Ms. Sigma."

"SHIT."

"Oh no... FUCK."

I looked up at all my friends and both my eyes had popped blood vessels and blood coming down my mouth from the sheer force I put on my lips when I saw what Yamato did to my mother.

"Son... why did this happen to me? What did I do to deserve this?"

"Mom... I'm sorry. This is my fault."

"Don't be sorry hun, please, just stay yourself. I don't want you changing because I died. Be happy and move on."

"Don't worry I will avenge the man who killed you and one day I'll see you again. I promise."

She died in my arms and I broke down crying. My mother was dead.