Chapter 21 - The Spy

Start writing your story

2 weeks have passed since my training, I've been watching Majin, Hina and Rei continue their training, but the gap between me and them now is exponential. I haven't told them what I did in those 6 months and I don't plan on it. I will keep moving forward until Soni is dead. I lie down and gaze upon the beautiful night sky and hear the arguing in the background of those 3 fighting over who is stronger than the other.

"Can you guys keep it down?" I asked in an annoyed tone, I just wanted some peace and quiet and relax, nothing has really happened in the past 2 weeks just us spending time together and having fun.

"Rain, why haven't you trained with us once, you know you need to get stronger if you want to beat anything that comes at us you know that right?" Majin asked in a worrisome tone.

"Majin, I'll be fine, trust me on this one, I don't need the training. Anything that come at us I'll be ready, should I say that we will be ready." I replied.

In the distance I felt someone watching our presence, he didn't seem, to have any malicious intent, but I could feel the eyes of someone that wants something from us. He was lurking in the forest. Thanks to Thunder I was able to actually sense him, if I focused I could pinpoint his location and that's what I decided to do.

"Found you." I said to myself.

"Hey guys I am going to go take a leak in the forest behave while I am gone." I said, in reality I was going to see what this mysterious person was up to, I knew he was most likely one of Soni's people, but I needed to see it myself.

As I walked through the breezy, green forest I realized how beautiful this forest was in the night, I could see the bright fireflies all over the trees and the everything was just so majestic in here. That isn't what I came for though, I continued to walk towards the target and that's when they realized I started getting close to him.

All of sudden the atmosphere around me had a much more tense feeling, they knew I was getting close to them that's when I started to sprint at them and this mysterious person started running away as well.

"You aren't getting away from me!" I yelled at them.

That's when they stopped and turned around to face me, he was a tall bearded man with black hair and extremely ripped. He had a scar that ran down his left eye covered by his black hair. He looked very menacing and I started to get worried.

"How did you find out I was here?" The man asked as he looked at me intently.

"I could sense you, why are you spying on us?" I asked.

"The boss asked me to see how you 4 were progressing, I've been watching you 4 for a while now and I've realized you haven't trained for a single second, yet you were able to sense my presence. I will let the boss know about you." He replied.

"I'm assuming your boss is Soni?" I said in a dead tone.

"Yeah, you are right about that." He replied.

"I never got your name, what is it." I asked

"My name is John. That is all you need to know for now." John said in a respectful manner. This guy did not seem threatening whatsoever even though he works for probably the most evil person I have ever met in my life.

"One last request, stay away from us. I don't want to see you here ever again. You hear me?" I said aggressively.

"I can't do that, that is the boss' orders, you and I both know that i can't disobey him. If you want me to not spy on you 4, you need to take me by force. I won't let that slide lightly if you do that." John said.