Chapter 18 - Courage

"Hey Rain you look a bit off this morning is everything alright?"

"No. Nothing is alright Hina."

I could see everyone at the table glancing at me, they knew that something was wrong with me. I also said nothing was okay so that is definitely a factor of them looking at me.

"Rain I don't see you like this often. Tell us, what is wrong?"

"Sonible... he's after us."

"What? WHAT ARE YOU SAYING. PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS SOME KIND OF SICK JOKE!"

I shook my head, after that all of their concerning looks turned into pure terror. This man had us in his head and he hasn't even directly done anything to us yet. That's the type of man Sonible is.

"He wouldn't come after us."

Rei tried to reassure the group that everything was alright. Was it alright though? Sonible had a dead look in his eyes when I responded to him saying that I was going to kill him, obviously we know he would fight us if it came to it.

"Rei is right, we don't pose a threat to him whatsoever so I don't see why he would come after us, however that will be the last mistake he ever make-."

"Say that again?"

I heard that cold voice behind me, whispering that phrase into my ear, I could feel his subzero breath touch my skin as I shiver when I hear those words.

I turn around to see a smile on his face, a smile who has killed many people. One second led to another and all of a sudden I had his hand through my chest. I was impaled by his bare hands.

"Let this be an example to your group, he thought he could oppose me, NOBODY DISOBEYS ME. NOBODY!"

"RAINN!"

I grabbed his arm to keep it jammed into my stomach region so I don't bleed out.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?"

"KI CUT!"

The attack that Kenji used on Soni severed his arm forcing it to keep it jammed into my stomach to keep me alive.

"You will never be safe Rain..."

Just like that he disappeared without a trace left in sight.

"Shit."

"Don't worry I'll be okay! This arm is jammed into my stomach to keep me alive."

"That isn't the problem, are you just gonna live like this forever?"

Kenji ripped out the arm and put me to the ground to heal me.

"You won't die on my watch so just relax and let me fucking heal you."

I lay down in pure agony with blood spilling everywhere. I felt as my life was fading, Kenji was trying to heal me but I think it's too late.

"Kenji... it's over."

"Please stay with us."

Kenji was done healing me, but it was too late I lost too much blood.

"I love all of you."

In my last moments I gave everyone a gentle smile and lost my consciousness.

"GET HIM TO A HOSPITAL NOW, HE ISNT DEAD YET!"

Hina POV:

I saw a worried look on everyone's faces as you could see the lifelessness in Rain's eyes.

"IT IS NOT TIME FOR YOU TO LEAVE US YET."

As soon as we arrived to the hospital they doctors took him and put him on life support. Rei broke down and started to cry, I was trying to stay strong and Majin didn't know what to think.

3 Hours go by, and the doctors finally have news for us.

"Rain... is in a coma caused by cerebral hypoxia. He was dead for quite some time and his brain had no oxygen in that time, we don't think he will ever recover from this and will most likely stay in this vegetative state."

"Is there any hope he can come back to us?"

"Most likely not, it would take a miracle for him to actually come out of this with even half his brain functioning."

"Thank you officer, we will be taking our leave."

Just like that, Rain was taken from us and now we don't know if he is ever going to wake up. Thank you for being courageous.