Chapter 22 - Encounter

"Rain it's time to get up, get off your ass." Majin said like he was annoyed at me for some reason, I mean I guess I can understand why he is mad at me from yesterday, but I tried to apologize. Now that I think about it, it feels like I haven't slept at all."

"What time is it? I swear i've only been sleeping for seconds." I said confused. Then it hit me, my perception of time is distorted from training in my mind for 6 months. I've forgotten the feeling of how time works in this world.

"Rain what are you saying, you've been sleeping for 14 hours it's 2pm." Majin replied.

"My apologies I think I might of overslept." I said while chuckling at my own mistake.

"Everyone is waiting for you outside let's go."

We both walk out of the house that's been in ruins for quite some time now and the first thing I see is the sun glaring in my eyes and giving me a headache. I don't want to be outside right now, I'm tired and I feel like shit.

"You 3, what do you think all of you should work on right now?" I asked them, trying to test their initiative.

"To get stronger in general!" Rei said confidently.

I sigh and give him a look of disappointment.

"That is not what I mean, what areas do you think you should work on the most?" I asked them.

"Absolutely no clue." All 3 of them said in unity.

"Okay... so first we will be learning how to sense the mana around us, Rei almost died yesterday because he couldn't locate Majin's attack. This is imperative that you learn this as it will become important later on in your lives." I said.

"So what do we have to do?" Hina asked.

"Alright, first I want you guys to sit down and close your eyes. Like what I was doing around 2 weeks ago. I want you to imagine the flow of mana going around your body and throughout the air, I want you to envision mana everywhere. Take deep breaths and control your breathing."

They seemed to do exactly as I told, surprising.

"Open your eyes." I said to them.

I conjured a ball of mana into my hand, but it wasn't any normal ball of mana, it couldn't be seen by anyone who couldn't sense mana throughout the air.

"Does anyone see what I am holding in my hand?" I asked.

The all nodded with excitement, they seemed to catch on quite quickly, after all this isn't some rocket science so it's expected that they caught on this quickly.

"That was fast, I'll admit." I said

"Does that bring us up to your level of skill now?" Rei asked.

"Not even close. The gap between me and you 3 and exponential, you could all come at me at once and I could destroy you all." I said.

"That's a bit harsh..." Majin replied.

Then I felt the presence of a man who was out to get us, a bloodlusted presence. There was only one man that it could've been, John.

"Everyone, get ready. There's someone coming." I said, this is going to be our toughest battle yet, I was getting a bit shaky by his presence.

"So Rain, how have you been?" John asked me with a malicious grin on his face.

"What do you want John? Get out of here." I replied to him.

"I don't think I can do that Rain. The boss ordered you to die, only you." He said. That's when it hit me, these 3 are so weak they are like ants to Soni, my potential has gone unnoticed until now, he is threatened by me. I smiled at John and started laughing. Sonible was actually afraid of me.

"John, why don't you get this over with then?" I asked.

"You are a kind soul Rain, I'm sorry I have to do this to you." He said as he forms a sword made out of mana in his hand.

"Nifty sword you got there." I said.

He came straight at me with his sword and I managed to dodge his first strike then sweep his legs and kick him into the air. I jumped up into the air and used a flash punch and hit him straight into the ground creating a crater. He managed to get up after that hit, but it seems that he took a lot of damage already.

"I didn't know you were this strong..." John said to me in a state of shock.

"You are the lowest pile of scum that will ever grace this planet, how can you live with yourself working for that pig everyday?" I asked in a fit of rage.

He tries to get up but I bring him straight back into the ground. I punch him over and over again until his face is so mutilated that you can't even recognize it anymore.

"Why are you doing this?" He asked to me as tears ran down his eyes.

"This corrupt organization you're a part of, I will burn it to the ground. You are full of monsters, I loathe all of you. I will never rest until Soni is dead." I said to him as I picked him up with one arm.

"Who's the real monster here? Me or you Rain?" He asked.

"Is this a fucking joke to you?" I reply, my eyes were bloodshot red from the rage this man was giving me. I felt like I was about to burst and do absolutely unspeakable things to him. Realistically, what has this man done to me to make me this mad? He's only a spy for Soni, nothing more, nothing less.

I drop him to the ground and stop for a second to think about what I just did. Am I really a monster for doing this to him? No, that isn't it. He works for the most vile pile of shit on the planet, he deserves this. Right?

"Rot in hell, you pile of garbage, you worthless piece of shit." I say to him as a parting gift.

"I've never met such an evil person in my 230 years of living until I have met you, Rain. You are the spitting image of someone sent from hell. I wonder if you are related to him..."

"Huh?" I was confused, he died before I could ask him any questions. He's been living for 230 years as well?

"Rain, what has happened to you? Why are you being so cruel to these people, he didn't harm any of us yet you still gave him that brutal beating." Rei said to me.

"I think it's time to go find Kenji, he's been gone for quite some time now." I replied to change the subject."

"Yeah I think we should."