Chapter 8 - Aftermath

The damage done to this school. It's insane, how am I supposed to get educated now. I LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, THIS IS THE ONLY SCHOOL REMOTELY CLOSE!

"Rain. Akio is dead, whoever he is we can go home now. After all the cops will be here any minute, I would think there'd be at least one witness by now to call the cops."

"I need to see if there are any survivors Rei. Take Hina home and make sure she gets a lot of rest. I'll explain all of this to you after. I just need to see if there are any people who actually survived."

I was exploring this ruined school to find nothing, until I heard 2 people with muffled screaming stuck from the rubble of the building.

"I'M COMING TO GET YOU OUT! RELAX AND... uh, stay alive."

"THUNDER CRASH."

I got rid of the rubble and opened the door to the classroom. There were 2 people who managed to actually live. It was the person in detention and the professor, Ms. Nakamura.

"Are you two okay?"

"Thank you so much Rain. If you weren't here I think me and Yamato here would've starved to death. I am indebted to you child."

"Thanks a lot, I didn't want to die here." Yamato said.

"Anytime."

"Rain. What should we do? I mean this whole building burned down and everyone here is gone."

"Ms. Nakamura, everyone is dead. They were all incinerated. You and Yamato were lucky enough to not be hit by the blast because you were the farthest away from the battlefield. Look let me invite you 2 over and i'll explain everything. You two deserve an explanation after all."

12 Hours later...

I invited Rei, Hina, Ms. Nakamura and Yamato into my house since my parents were out to explain what was going on.

"Recently life has been cruel to me and my friends. There was this man by the name of Akio, he wanted to terrorize me and he brought everyone into this mess. This was supposed to be between me and him. Akio had abilities for say, he had spiritual energy called mana, I think we have all heard what mana is before because we've all heard the urban legend. Little did I know, that urban legend was true. Akio had a spear infused with this certain something, I'm not quite sure what it is but basically it awakens your mana. Rei, Hina and I were affected by this spear as all 3 of us were impaled by it. I tried to keep him away from the school but I was forced to fight him here."

"Wow. So I was affected by the Mana spear like you 2?"

"Unfortunately yes Hina, our lives will never be the same after this fight with Akio. It's sad to say but, it is what it is. Ms. Nakamura and Yamato, just to let you know, you 2 were not affected by the mana spear, only the people who get stabbed by it are affected. This will be in my safe keeping until then. Goodbye for now."

I took them out of my house and saw them off, I knew that it was only going to get worse from here. Akio was just the beginning and whatever happens next I will be ready for it.

1 Day Later...

"So... Mom, what do I do now? We have no place to go to educate me, so what should I do?

"Hun... I'm sorry, we don't have the funds to move houses or to send you to a school out of town."

"I see. Looks like I'll get a job in the trade field I guess."

I knew I was never getting a job. My life is ruined by Akio, the only thing left to do was to keep moving forward.