Just Another Island

Leah's hope shattered as she saw a deserted land ahead of her. It felt like someone ripped open her ribcage and smashed her heart among all the rocks of the path like a hammer. All of these strangers stood around her, and all of the people she loved were there as well. The girls, her family.

Fatin, Toni, Rachel, Martha, Dot, and Shelby. The seven girls who she wasn't sure she would ever see again. She wanted to get them out of this mess. She wanted them to be home. She wanted things to be normal, and she finally thought they would be. She had so much faith in herself for the first time in forever, and then when she saw the ocean it all exited her body as if it was a temporary fog.

After she screamed, Leah felt herself fall onto the floor. Raf looked at Leah and tears swelled up in his brown eyes. Seeing all of these girls that Leah told him about, the pieces all connected. He can't say he didn't believe Leah, because he did, but seeing her group in real life just made him... shatter.

Fatin ran up to Leah and helped pick her up.

Leah said all sorts of things, barely being able to get any other sounds out of her mouth. Her throat felt like it was closing in as she could barely breathe. She was crying so much. She didn't care about the new boys around her, she didn't care about anything but losing her hope.

Fatin put her arms around Leah and held on tightly as Leah's tears put wet marks into the concrete. "Leah, shhhh." Fatin repeated, rocking Leah back and forth. "It's going to be okay, come on." Fatin felt tears streaming down her chestnut eyes. Even with the sun beaming down on them and the blue sky making the trees look so alive, the group felt like they were in a thunderstorm due to their sadness.

"Fatin," Leah shuttered as she looked around. "Its just another island."

This isn't the end of anything. Therefore, it wasn't even the beginning of the end. It was just phase three.

____________________

HEY GUYS