3

"Look, knowing Gretchin Klien shes pretty fucking smart. Everything to her needs to be picture perfect or the gray will take over." Leah scanned the room. She hadn't told them about how she knew Gretchin, or about how she secretly planned with the workers to pretend to help Rafeal. She regretted faking it, she's happy that she told Rafeal that they were always listening. She told the truth, they were. For all Leah knows, they most likely still are. Leah continued, "It isn't likely that there's much resources or whatever left back here. But we have to look. Does anyone know what time it is, or have a watch or something?"

Martha looked at her wrists at the gold watch Fatin gave her. "It's a quarter to 3:00." Martha spoke as she set her hand down. She sat on the floor, due to the fact that she couldn't lift herself steadily.

"Alright, so I guess a few of us can look at the exterior of this place?" Leah said, looking around.

"I'll go," Dot stepped forward. Without saying anything, Rachel just got up and stood next to her.

"Alright, I'm in." Kirin got up. "Mushroom head, you coming?" Kirin looked down to Raf. Raf nodded and got up.

"You bet your bottom ass I'm going," Scotty launched to stand next to Raf.

"Toni, are you not coming?" Dot spoke.

Toni looked away from the blond who she couldn't get her eyes off and looked to Dot. "Oh, um, nah. I'm just gonna chill with Marty." Toni smiled at her best friend and she smiled back.

"Alright, well Leah seems to know this place best and I doubt Fatin or Shelby want to come." Dot started and Shelby and Fatin both nodded. "So, boys, are you guys all out."

"Yeah, I'm staying here. I mean, if we find acne cream or something in this psycho's bathroom, I want first dibs." Ivan said and Fatin laughed.

"I like your vibe," Fatin smiled at the boy.

"Do you feel this connection?" Ivan sat up and pointed in between him and Fatin. "Because like, are we bestfriends now?"

"I guess so," Fatin laughed and Leah looked at her. Whenever Fatin laughed it made Leah's heart warm. Fatin looks at the bright sides of things. She helps Leah, who is a complete pessimist in every way possible. It's the perfect duo.

"Alright, well let's get going. We have to find a way out. I mean, maybe there is like a boat or something." Kirin said.

"Wait," Henry called out. "Let me come,"

"Can't argue with a boy scout," Kirin laughed, "Come on man." The group walked out the door, and the rest of the people started to plan who would go where.

"Martha, you should sit somewhere. It isn't good for you to be walking around or shit like that." Leah said, looking at the injured girl.

"I'm gonna stay back with her, I don't want to leave her alone." Toni peaked her head.

"Toni, we need you. I don't know... in case there's an incident, you're the best at yelling at people." Fatin said.

Toni scoffed but shrugged. "I'm not leaving her."

Josh looked around, scanning the tension in the room. "Hey, um... I can take your place." He said with a lisp as he stood up. "I'm kind of like a doctor – at least I like to consider myself something like that. I - I'm a helper."

Toni looked at Shelby naturally, and Shelby naturally looked at her. In the moment of stress, it wasn't like the two could ignore each other. After everything they went through, after the moments they spent together.

After that, I love you.

"I don't know," Toni said.

"Come on Toni," Fatin bargained

"I barely know the guy!"

"Toni," Martha looked up at her best friend. "It's okay, I think that you should go. He seems nice."

Toni took a second to think, but with her bestfriend's reassurance she took the offer to go with the group. She stood up and nodded, going to Shelby's side.

No one knew that Toni and Shelby had officially broken up. Not that they fully did, they never completely ended things. Neither of them were sure. Were they on a break? Were they still together? No one knew.

The girls just kind of put it together, but Shelby had told Fatin. Fatin was happy to see the two girls interacting. Just like she said, she knew tension when she saw it. She might have not known anything about love back then, but after spending countless hours with Leah, she is an expert at it.

___________________________

The song that Shelby sung in her dream is stuck in my head ahhhh