8

Ivan and Shelby made their way down the narrow hallway. It smelt like rich perfume, which was shocking since it looked like an abandoned mental asylum. "If I remember correctly, the meeting room was right down here."

"Ew why are we going there? It's so like - intimidating and grostique." Ivan argued, and without Shelby even turning around Shelby responded.

"Well, there were files on me, and I'm guessing there will be files on some, if not all of y'all." Shelby said, and she punched open the big doors as they arrived in the big room. When they looked inside, they saw that the desk was flipped over and the chairs were on opposite corners of the room. There were locked cabinets tipped over, and one of them was split open and had papers flying out of it. In the same place as it was during the interviews stood a camera on a long tripod. The second Shelby saw it, she felt infuriated. She stomped to the end of the room and took the camera, then through it onto the ground. Glass shattered and the metal pieces fell off, making a loud crack.

Ivan looked at Shelby, confused yet impressed at what a badass she was. "I've never seen someone act so vitriolic towards a camera. What do you have... yearbook picture ptsd?"

"They were all over the island." Shelby said, "We're probably being watched right now, so it's best to get rid of all that shit."

"What do you mean?" Ivan asked, concerned by what Shelby said.

"I mean exactly what I said, I don't want to be watched by someone when I'm just trying to live." Shelby started to get angry at Ivan, and she started to raise her voice. Then she realized and stopped herself, "I - I'm sorry. I'm just stressed, that's all." She said,

"You have nothing to be sorry for." Ivan spoke, "God knows we have all been through shit." He said, then he hugged the girl.

Shelby stayed in his grip for a little before hearing a door shut from upstairs as footsteps pounded against the concrete which was the ceiling to the room they were in. Ivan looked up and backed away from Shelby. He looked up and Shelby looked back at him.

"The group must be back," Shelby spoke. "We should ask them if they found anything."

Ivan nodded as he turned around to start walking, Shelby started following him but then was stopped when Ivan turned around in front of her. "Also, hate to break the you know... grind we have going on with this investigation and what not... but I wanted to set things straight and not have you get the wrong idea. I am incredibly gay." Ivan said, and Shelby couldn't help but laugh.

"What the fuck?" Ivan said, getting offended. "Oh yeah, of course your homophobic. God could I get a fucking break."

"Wait, wait, wait. No, don't worry." Shelby began to calm down from laughing. "I'm gay too." Shelby spoke. She recognized that it was her first time telling a boy. She only really had to tell five people. Toni, Martha, Fatin, Becca, and well... she had to admit it to herself as well.

But after telling Ivan, she felt like she could trust him.

They made a deal not to tell any of the other boys, mostly because Shelby didn't know any of them yet. Also because Shelby wasn't comfortable right now with where she stood with Toni, and she didn't want to make anything a huge thing.

"When I was younger I got into a minor skiing accident," Josh started as he began to push Martha in the chair. "I bruised my knee slightly. The purple freaked me out because I had always been so safe and never got a bruise before. I thought it would be convenient to have a manually operated device like a wheelchair, it would keep me more stable so I wouldn't make myself more hurt. Well, I got so cautious that I stayed in that chair for three months."