12

"So Seth was helping that doctor?" Ivan spoke, purly shocked at what he was just told. Ivan has always been a smart guy, but he never, in a million years, would have wrapped his head around this if Kirin hadn't told him.

"That Leah girl was telling the truth," Kirin looked up to Ivan. It was just the two of them at the fire, everyone else had left. "She knew the truth."

"Isn't that a little weird?" Ivan questioned the blond guy in front of him. "I mean like, how would that girl know that this was a fucking experiment. Hand to fucking god thats suspicious." Ivan looked at Kirin.

"Well, they were on the island for like 50 days, they had more time to realize shit." Kirin said in a raspy voice, scratching the back of his neck. "Plus we spent most of our time... you know, like... in a fucking battle royale."

"Fair," Ivan laughed. "They do seem pretty close."

Ivan looked at Kirin with a smile, "What one are you gonna sleep with?"

"Fuck off," Kirin spoke and let out a scoff.

"As if you haven't narrowed it down to at least 3 choices yet."

"I need to get to know them first,"

"Oh shut up Kirin O'Connor."

Leah walked in front of Fatin to go into their bedroom.

There. Holy shit, that sounded weird.

Never would Leah ever think that her and Fatin would share a bedroom. In fact, she never thought that she would be friends with Fatin. There were a few times that the two noticed each other. There was one time during an assembly about all the clubs to join that the two sat next to each other. And of course, when Leah gave Fatin a tampon many years ago. Although, besides that, they were just two people walking the earth.

Something about being with Fatin, also made Leah uncomfortable. Uncomfortable in a way where she felt insecure. She felt safe with Fatin, but not safe with herself. After Jeff, she never thought that she could find anyone again. Was Fatin the right person? She couldn't be heartbroken again. So she tried to distance herself.

She knew that Fatin would want to be with one of the guys. Specifically the jock, Kirin. I mean, he's blond, a lacrosse player, muscular, what more could Fatin Jadmani want?

So much more.

But Leah didn't know that.

"These hallways are so narrow, I feel like I'm slowly becoming bigger or the walls are slowly becoming smaller." Fatin spoke, breaking the silence. "What's that movie where the walls go down on you? Or is that the progressive commercial. Either way, speaking of things going down on other things," Fatin touched the back of Leah's torso, but Leah didn't stop to turn around.

"Holy shit Fatin can you just back off, jeez." Leah let out in a sharp tone, causing Fatin to back up a bit. Leah finally turned to face the other girl, looking down to meet her stare.

"Shit Leah what crawled up your ass?" Fatin laughed, letting go of the girl's arm which she was originally tugging onto.

"Just quit acting like a fucking prostitute." Leah spoke, not fully comprehending what was coming out of her mouth.

She turned around and didn't even hesitate to stop when she heard the footsteps behind her stop.

"What the fuck did you just call me Rilke?" Fatin spoke in a harsh tone, not moving as she watched Leah's hair wave left and right."

Silence was louder than ever. It felt like the concrete walls were shooting up and down, making Fatin motion sick as she heard Leah talk about her.

Leah didn't respond to Fatin, she just kept walking. Fatin followed her, repeating what she had asked the girl moments before.