33 • Butterfly Effect

"Rogers!"

Steve shot his head up from the steaming cup of coffee in his hand to see Tony making his way into the dining area, followed by Bruce and Rhodey.

"Tony," Steve acknowledged.

"Tell me again why you and the cyborg got your own apartment if you two spend the majority of your time here?"

"A sense of normality," Steve smiled. "And some privacy too, I suppose."

"Privacy for what reason?" Tony crossed his arms. "You're a hundred-year-old virgin. Why would you need any privacy?"

Steve rolled his eyes, counting that it must be the hundredth time he's heard that one. He never corrected Tony, however, not wanting to feed into his jokes. He wasn't a hundred year old virgin, and in fact, had slept with someone since coming out of the ice...but it didn't go down very well and he didn't like to talk about it.

Tony and Steve got on relatively well, but they weren't the bestest of friends. They clashed on lots of things, like Bucky for example. That being said, there was still a mutual respect for each other.

"Yeah, and the metal-armed-maniac scares off any girl he looks at. I can't imagine you two are particularly lucky when it comes to the ladies." Rhodey snickered.

"Unless of course, you did what we all think you did, Steve."

"I did not sleep with Peggy!" Steve moaned. "Not in the 40s and definitely not in the retirement home."

"If you say so, Cap."

Peggy's death was hard for Steve, embarrassingly, a lot harder than he thought it would be, and just like every other bad thing in his life, he tried to stay distracted so he wouldn't have to think of it. And that's why him and Bucky spent so much time at the compound, to keep their minds off their pasts.

Finding Bucky was life changing for Steve, it was the moment that he thought maybe his life wasn't all doom and gloom. Of course, one happiness was unmatched to a lifetime of pain, but he helped. And Steve helped Bucky.

Eventually, everyone started to accept Bucky. Of course, him attending Wakanda was what really helped people feel safe. If T'Challa could forgive him, then so could everyone else. Of course, that had to come after the pair nearly murdered Tony, and perhaps that's why they're not best friends. But they don't talk about that.

"Please tell me dinner is ready!" Nat yelled from down the hall, being followed by Wanda, Sam, and Bucky.

"It's fend for yourselves today, guys."

"Ugh!" Nat groaned, flinging herself into the chair next to Steve.

Bucky took the other one and eventually everyone sat down, except for Tony. "I thought you guys were hungry?"

"We are, but we just finished training, the last thing we want to do is cook." Nat replied.

"Unbelievable, you guys are supposed to be avengers and yet you're too lazy to cook."

"I vote we order pizza!" Sam suggested and everyone hummed in agreement.

Most of the food nowadays was better, but both Bucky and Steve agreed that even though modern day pizza was good, it just couldn't beat 40s pizza.

"There's this new place that's opened in Brooklyn, Luigi's." Steve's ears pricked up at the mention, memories filling his mind. Even Bucky seemed to pick up on it, glancing at Steve.

"New?" Steve asked.

"Yeah, just opened a couple months ago. They do awesome Italian food, their pizzas are so good." Sam replied. "I'll call them now, everyone want their usuals?"