48 • Vibranium

Millie clutched onto Steve's bulging arm as they walked through the streets of early morning New York City.

Of course, it was already bustling, but no where near the level of insanity it reached later in the day. The cold weather may have had some input in that, since the leaves had almost completely fallen off their trees and covered the pathways.

They sipped their coffee peacefully, taking their sweet time walking and letting frustrated business men and women push past them with angst, only to look ashamed when they see just who they knocked into, or maybe even slightly fearful that Captain America would beat their asses.

"You haven't even told me about your time with Marco the other night." Millie hummed, leaning further into him.

Steve had been oddly quiet about it all, avoiding questions or dancing around them. It didn't worry Millie, more so just confused her. Maybe he found out he was gay, and felt a level of embarrassment for the way he was always so nervous about their friendship.

"It was fine," he replied. "We just hung out."

"Right, because that's so normal for you two."

"Oh, I don't know, we just talked lots. About you and Bucky, oh and William. Did you know they were dating the whole time?"

Millie smacked her forehead gently. "Of course I knew, Stevie."

"Seems like everyone knew except me," he replied, diverting her question once again. It seemed like he was hiding something from her. "I bet I look like an ass with how jealous I always got."

Millie chuckled. "It was kind of funny, but besides, I think you're still a jealous person."

"I told you that I'm a changed man now, Millie. You couldn't make me jealous if you tried."

"Really?"

"Really, and trust me darling, I've been waiting for your attempts and either you haven't done anything or I'm less jealous than I thought and haven't even noticed."

Millie huffed and looked around, and just her luck, she locked eyes with a man in a suit talking into his phone. He didn't even acknowledge Steve, simply kept them directly on Millie while they walked past each other, looking her up and down.

With a smirk, she glanced back at Steve who was returning it right back. "You'll have to do better than that, sweetheart."

If Steve was honest, he didn't like the way the man was looking at Millie, but he wouldn't let her know that. He glared at the man the entire time and then quickly changed his expression when faced with Millie again.

"Oh, come on! That man so wanted me."

"Very true, but he can't have you. And that's why I don't get jealous." He leaned in close. "Because I know no matter how much those guys want you, you'll never want them back."

"So are you suggesting you can't get jealous because you know I'm with you and you only?"

"Precisely, Mildred."

Millie was about to retort with a 'we'll see about that' when Steve's phone rang, making him sigh. He was supposed to have a day off today, and he was so looking forward to it.

"Yeah?" He answered.

"What, now?"

"I mean, I can't say I'm thrilled."

"Yeah, yeah. I'll come in."

"What do you mean 'don't bring her'?"

"Tony, anything you have to say to me, you can say to her t-oh. Oh...okay."