38 • Fitting In

Millie stood in the doorway of Steve's bedroom with a spoon in her mouth as she watched Steve blissfully snoring away.

She had her hair in a bun and was wearing one of his shirts, since her grey sweater was starting to get a bit boring, and she loved how loose it felt on her body.

Whenever she used to borrow Steve's clothes, they were always so snug on her and too big for him. Now, his shirts fit him nice and tight in all the right places, and flowed nicely around her curvy body.

She shifted her weight and the floor beneath her creaked, making Steve's snoring falter. With a deep breath, he peeped open an eye and quickly shut it again. "Are you staring it me, miss?"

Millie giggled. "Since when were you such a light sleeper?"

"Super soldier hearing, remember?"

"Hmm," Millie licked the spoon again. "I guess I'm still figuring out the new you."

"To be honest, so am I." His morning voice was deep and groggy. "What are you eating?" He furrowed his brows.

"Ice cream."

"Ice crea-? I thought you were still feeling sick with food?"

Millie smiled. "Some foods, yes. Ice cream doesn't seem to be one of them though. This Jenny Barry's is really good."

"Do you mean Ben and Jerry's?"

"Oh, whatever." She walked in and out the spoon to the side. "Same thing."

With a light chuckle, Steve held his arms out for Millie who walked straight to him and let him pull her against him.

His body was warm, and she loved the feeling of being pressed up against it just as much as she did when he was small. There were pros to both versions of him, but a part of him still missed his old body.

Shifting closer into him, Millie's eyes went wide. "Uh, Stevie...?"

"Mm?"

"You're uh, you've got um..." Millie cleared her throat. "I guess part of you is trying to say good morning."

Steve's eyes shot open as he pushed away from Millie and quickly readjusted himself in his pants. "Shit, I'm so sorry...I can't help it, it's the morning and–"

"It's okay, Stevie." Millie laughed. "These things happen, it's no different than back in the day."

Except it was different, to Steve at least, and it would be very different for Millie too if she knew just what he was hiding. When the serum made Steve grow, it really grew every part of him.

Every part.

He didn't want to scare her away incase she felt he was too much for her. There was a concern that maybe sex wouldn't be possible for them anymore, and that also worried Steve but he figured that even if he couldn't sleep with Millie anymore, he'd still be perfectly content without it.

After all, he went over half a century without it, he didn't need it to be happy.

"I know, I know..." he felt his raging hard on push against the waistband of his briefs under his sweatpants. "It's still...I mean, I still want to be respectful."

A small part of Millie wondered why he hadn't tried anything with her, why even when he was alert and ready to, he wasn't. He said he wanted to be respectful, but they were lovers, and never cared in the past about that anyway.

Millie snuggled back into him. "Remember that old lady that yelled at us outside of your apartment? The one who said I was a less than respectable young lady?"