Chapter 1: Rollcall

Here I was again. Another rollcall for the Pearls. All of the others had a perfect circle on their forehead, but mine was oval. They all teased me calling me 'baroque'. Each of them had numbers for their names like Pearl32 or Pearl51. Creator called me Zero. Not Pearl Zero. Just zero because of how my gem was shaped. The gem that created us would check if we were all here each day. She would call a number and you would respond 'here'.

But when it came to me she would check if I hadn't gone bad, so she would always ask "who is our leader?" I always responded Diamond.
"What is your purpose?" To create technology and weapons for our planet. Then she would tap my gem and say 'dismissed'.

Today we were creating multiple weapons because Homeworld was going to conquer another planet to create another kindergarten. I didn't think much of it. It wasn't a good thing that we were invading planets but I suppose  it did help our 'community' grow. "Alright gals. Listen up!" I heard Diamond yell. "We will be revisiting this planet." She entered a large room which we all fallowed her into. We would go their to start tasks or have announcements.

In the screen behind her, there was a screen and it pictured a photo of a green and blue planet. "Earth" she said. The name certainly rang a bell. I was  apart of the kindergarten project for that one but for some reason, we had abandoned it.

It was one of the most interesting planets I had seen. It had life. And not just flora and fauna. It had intelligent life. Humans was the name of their race. Atleast that's what they called themselves.