Chapter 14: Garnet Doesn't Talk Much

Everyday I have been training with Rose and I feel like I have done great progress. Although some things that she has been teaching me seem to be way more advance to defend. Now she allows me to keep the sword when I'm with Amethyst. After my training session with Rose, Amethyst would come by the tree to meet with me. And that's where we were right now.

"Are you sure you know how to use that thing?" she asked pointing at my sword. "Certainly! Rose wouldn't entrust me with it if I didn't know how to handle it." I responded holding the sword in my hands. Amethyst shrugged "If you say so," and rolled around in the grass. "Why do you need it anyways?" "Well to protect you and myself from harm."

She layed on her stomach, "Aww you care about me! You actually want me safe." I rolled my eyes "I do care for you but mostly because if you get hurt it'd be my fault." "But still you care about me." She continued to play on the grass while I just looked at the blade in my hand. Seeing my reflection just reminded me about the other Pearls from Homeworld. What's so special about me? I moved the sword forward to see my oval shaped gem. "Zero" I whispered.

My thoughts got interrupted when I heard a loud groan. "Uuugh! Im bored again!" I sighed and stood up grabbing my sword. "Want to play fetch with Garnet?" She shook her head and grabbed my hand as we walked back to the temple. Garnet was standing against the hill far from the other gems. "Hey Garnet!" Amethyst shouted and ran on forarms towards her. I followed behind her. Garnet nodded, "Amethyst."

"Want to play fetch?" Amethyst asked with excitement. Garnet gave a soft smile. " 'course." She grabbed a stick that was next to her and threw it towards the left side of the beach. "She just loves to play huh?" I looked up Garnet and laughed a little. "She really is a handful." Amethyst came back with the stick in her mouth. She grabbed it gave it to Garnet. And then the cycle continued as Garnet threw it again. "Garnet, you and I haven't talked much since we went to the kindergarten."

"Well you have been busy with training." she said crossing her arms and laying back on the wall. "I suppose. And what have you been doing?"

Amethyst came back and Garnet threw the stick again. I don't know how Amethyst could keep doing this and not get tired. "I haven't been doing anything." She responded. I could hear small hint of anger when she said that. "Oh." There was a small pause but then I continued. "Don't you ever get lonely? Your always far from the other gems." Garnet looked at me and showed me her gems and said "I'm never alone. It's just me and my thoughts."

I blushed forgetting that she was a fusion. Of course she isn't going to be alone she's two gems! I've must've sounded like a idiot...
I turn to see Amethyst running back to us but she didn't have the stick in her mouth. "Amethyst where's the stick?" asked Garnet. "Uh... I think I ate it?"
I facepalmed my gem. "Don't worry, I'll take her to the restroom this time." Garnet said grabbing Amethyst hand and taking her to the humans side. I let out a sigh of relief. I still can't believe humans have to live like that.

I grabbed my sword that I had set on the sand and looked at my reflection again. I really am thankful for Rose, Amethyst, and Garnet being my friends. And im glad to be called a Crystal Gem.

But I wonder what Homeworld is planning for us when they meet us again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello everyone! It's DorkDorito and I just wanted to let you all know that I start school again in September 1 so I might not update as often but I will try to update as much as I can. Thank you guys so much for reading my story and I hope you all have been enjoying it. I didn't think people would actually want to read!