Chapter 7: The Kindergarten

A few other gems separated into pairs and spread out throughout the Kindergarten. They took the sides and Rose and I had the middle. Garnet had already started searching for anything that was strange. I really wanted to ask her about the possibilities of this mission. I walked next rose looking up at all the gem tech used in the project. They looked fine and ready to go. They just weren't turn on, yet.

"We might have to destroy these later on." said Rose holding her chin and looking up at them. I looked back down still wondering of the possibilities. What if they turned on and we couldn't stop them? What if there were still bad gems here? What if there were and I had to fight?! I don't know how!

I think I looked tensed because my fist were tight and face showed worry. Rose gently touched my shoulder and I looked up at her. "It's ok. I'm here to protect whenever you need it." she said as if she knew exactly what I was thinking. I nervously touched her arm and then hooked my arm with hers. I felt save. She smiled and we walked deeper into the canyon. She really did make me feel much better now.

Until I saw a dark shadow run past us and behind a rock. I clung to Rose startled from the quick movement and surprise. She stopped and stared at the rock the shadow had hid behind. "Wait here." she told me looking concerned. I covered my mouth with my hand. It really was a habit of mine to do that. She got closet to the rock but then the shadow past by again and entered a hole on the side of the canyon. Dirt was in the air but then it cleared. Rose looked at me and back at the hole as if saying 'see what it was.' I was not prepared to attack, run, or even move. Whatever that thing was, it was very much quicker than me.

I slowly approached the hole and from afar I saw a small purple figure looking at the end of her hole. Rose walked behind me touching my shoulder again. It really did calm my nerves. I walked closer to the hole and the small purple figure turned it's head and looked at me smiling. I didn't know what to do so I just stared. A bit longer than I should have actually. "Well aren't you going to say hi?" it said to me. "It talks!" I shouted falling back from were I was. Rose caught me and pulled me up. I went behind her surprise that the thing could talk. Parasites were not suppose to talk. They were suppose to help create damage to Earth so when- ugh long story. Rose knelled down and extended her hand. The thing walked with her arms and legs.

The small creature had a gem on her chest. It grabbed Roses hand and smiled. Rose smiled back and picked it up. "Isn't just precious?" Rose squealed hugging the gem. I stood there confused. She was just going to accepted? Not knowing what its purpose was? "We are keeping it?" I asked looking at the short haired gem. Garnet came jogging in. "I knew you two would be here. Who is that?" she asked pointing at the gem. "Im Amethyst!" she shouted sounding very proud. "Its nice to meet you." Rose said. "These are my friends. Pearl and Garnet." I waved looking at the purple gem. So did Garnet.

After talking for a while with Amethyst, Rose decided to take her back to where the base was being built. The other gems had already gone back but we were just entering the pod. Amethyst was reaching to pull levers and to push buttons but I held her back. Once we finally arrived, the base was already half built. There was a warp pad and a small cave being extended. Rose introduce the little gem to the other gems. I still wondered though if it had any intentions on destroying things. I mean, the parasites were made to create damage on Earth. But if Rose trust her. I do as well.