Lost Dog

Tiffany Stratton x Grayson Waller

In which a guy's dog lands in the hands of his attractive neighbor.

╳ ╳ ╳

Tiffany Stratton tightened her ponytail as she opened the door to her apartment. She had just gotten back from a pilates class and her legs were killing her.

The bath tub was calling her name.

She walked in to see her best friend, and roommate on the couch, flipping through the newest edition of Vogue.

"Hey, Sofia. Why aren't you at work?"

Sofia Cromwell had been Tiffany's best friend since junior year of high school. The two cheered together and instantly clicked. College had separated them, merely because of major differences, but they lived together.

In New York City.

"Well, I was supposed to go in for an agent meeting with a client, but they cancelled. So, now I'm reading a magazine and getting a pedicure later."

Tiffany nodded and then headed for the bathroom. She removed her sweaty workout clothes and then soaked herself in the bath.

She had no clue how she ended up so lucky. She was twenty-three, living in NYC, and opened up her own gymnastics and dance studio. Her parents weren't as happy with that decision, but she spent her whole life trying to please them.

Her New Years Resolution was to start doing things for her.

Not her parents.

She loved her parents, but with one being a doctor, and the other the owner of a prestige night club, it left her little room for careers.

Nonetheless, she listened to her grandma.

She followed her heart. All the way to New York.

When she was finished her bath, she put on a new lounge set, of pink shorts with a cropped jacket. She found the living room empty.

Tiffany walked down the stairs to retrieve her and Sofia's mail for the day. When she returned to her door, she found a dog sitting outside it.

"Hey little guy," she said, her voice high pitched. "What are you doing here?"

The dog, of course, did not answer her. She crouched down on her knees to look at the collar around the dog's neck.

"Huh. You're name's Louis and you belong to..." she trailed off, her pink fingernail rubbing over the name tag. "Grayson Waller."

She shrugged and took the dog inside. She figured the owner had to live in the building. Grayson Waller didn't ring a bell for her.

"Hey, Sof, do you know a guy named Grayson Waller?" Tiffany hollered, as the dog took a seat next to her foot.