PART TWO

—Everything hasn't change, or so it seems—

Mark's presence became something constant in Vee's life. After work, instead of spending it on a bar or with his friends, he would end up at Mark's place.

Usually, he would only go here to cool down after an argument with his girlfriend (is she still your girlfriend? haha.) but right now, it's different. There's something more than meets the eye.

His friends felt it. So as Ploy.

Only Vee hadn't.

"What are you doing here, again?" Mark asked as soon as he saw Vee's standing figure outside.

Vee clenched his chest, pretending to be hurt at Mark's question.

"Aww...your question hurts me," Mark rolled his eyes at his silliness, making him laugh. "Chill, I'm bored at home, okay?"

"Do I look like I'm a toy that'll ease your boredom?"

Vee shook his head, "Nah. It's just that I want to be in a peaceful place."

"Me too. That's why I'm here. But your presence is a taking that peacefulness away," he left Vee there as he continue to set-up his art materials.

"Grumpy," Vee whispered before adding, "I didn't get enough sleep these past few days. I immediately went here from work. I want to be somewhere peaceful. I'm tired, you know? I'm allowed to be here, am I not?"

Mark just shrugged, not saying anything else.

"Are you gonna paint?" Vee asked after a few minutes of silence, Mark raised an eyebrow in reply. "What? I'm just asking."

"What do you think I'm gonna do with this paintbrush? Fry a fish?"

His response made the other burst into laughter. He smack Vee's head using his paintbrush, making the other groan in pain.

"Ouch! Why did you do that?" he scratched his head while looking at the smaller but the latter just rolled his eyes at him. He squinted his eyes before asking, "Be honest, what's making you grumpy?"

"None," he replied. His eyes are fixed on his work.

The atmosphere suddenly changed.

Vee sighed before he sat on the sand and stared at Mark who's avoiding his gaze, "You're always there whenever I'm facing a problem. I wanna be there for you this time. I wanna help you."

"Hmm..." was all Mark could reply

Vee lay down on the sand and stared at the blue sky. Then he spoke, "But if you're not ready to share your problem, it's okay. It's not your responsibility to tell me anything. Just know that I'm here with you. Whatever it is, I hope my presence is enough to lessen the burden you're carrying," then he chuckled, before adding, "...but if I'm making it worst, just tell me. I'm willing to give you time alone."

He closed his eyes, not long after, he fell into a deep slumber.

Mark stopped painting when the other went silent. When he looked at Vee, he found out it was already sleeping.

He shook his head at the sleeping figure of Vee. He's even snoring, making Mark's lips curve.

≠≠≠≠≠≠≠

"Vee..."

Vee slowly opened his eyes when he felt someone tapped him. He rubbed his eyes a couple of times as he adjusted his sight.

He looked at the surroundings and realized it's already late, then he looked at Mark who's raising an eyebrow at him.

"Whaaat?" he asked, yawning

"I thought you're gonna listen to my problems. Why did you sleep instead?" Mark pretented to look annoyed, but there wasn't even a trace of annoyance in his voice.

"I'm sorry!" but it seems like Vee didn't notice it as he immediately apologized to him.

"Do you still have time to listen to my petty problems?" Mark asked

Vee quickly nodded, "My ears are all yours."

"Are you sure?"

"Do I look like I'm not?" he asked in return, grinning

That made Mark smile a bit. He exhaled before starting, "The thing is, my father..."

≠≠≠≠≠≠

"Thank you for listening and for not judging," Mark said, now, with a smile

Vee smiled then he ruffled his hair, "Anytime. You're always there for me. Let me return at least a bit of it."

He stepped back and slap Vee's hands away.

Mark frowned at Vee who's laughing before he said, "When you need anything. Don't be shy to ask me, I'll give it to you as long as it's something I can give."

Vee nodded, "Well...as long as you stop being grump——Aww!" Mark glared at him. He grinned before continuing, "...as I was saying, as long as...hey! Let me finish first. As I was saying, as long as you're fine, as long as you're smiling, then it's enough," Mark let go of the paintbrush he almost threw at him. He beamed. "I'm not saying that you're not allowed to be sad when I'm with you. It's just that...I want you to avoid being grumpy. It's hard to handle you. Bye!"

Vee heard Mark's curses after he ran outside. He grinned from ear to ear.

Vee shook my head, smiling, as he recalled the things that happened last night.

"Vee..."

His smile faded as soon as he heard Ploy call him out.

Vee turned to her, "What is it?"

When she didn't give him a reply, he squinted his eyes.

"Ploy, what is it?"

She shook her head then she took her phone out. Vee only sighed at her, then he decided to focus his attention to his work.

He's busy with some papers, but he could feel Ploy staring at him from time to time.

He sighed, "What is it, Ploy? Spill it," he said, not looking away from his papers.

"These past few weeks..." she started. Vee paused as he waited for Ploy to continue.

Minute had passed but Ploy didn't say anything after.

"These past few weeks, what?" Vee asked, there was a trace of irritation in his tone.

"These past few weeks you've changed," Vee's forehead creased after he heard that. He looked at her as if asking for explanation. "The thing is...you're always with that unknown friend of yours. It's as if that friend of yours is..."

He cut her off, "Before you assume things, no, that friend of mine isn't someone I'm cheating you with. That friend of mine is a good person. A very good one."

Ploy shook her head, "I know. It's just that...didn't you notice it?"

"Notice what?" he asked in confusion

"You've changed."

"Changed...what do you mean?"

After seeing his oblivious reaction, Ploy chose to changed the topic.

"Hmm...nothing. J-just forget about what I said," Ploy said then she grabbed her bag. After that, she gave him a peck on the cheek. "Bye. I have an appointment with my friends. Take care."

Vee just nodded. He watched Ploy until she reached the door and left.

He sighed.

"You're always making it an issue whenever I'm with a friend but..." his voice faltered.

He shook his head as he tried to focus on his paperwork. But his mind kept on exploring.

"I've changed?" he asked himself.

What does she mean by that?

======

Vee dumb era hahahaha