EXTRA 3: SPILL THE TEA

"W-why...why are you sharing this...this secret to me?"

☆◇◆❃◆◇☆

It has been five months since Mark came back from Auckland. He stayed on the house where his parents are. Sometimes, he'll stay on Vee & his place.

And for five months, his relationship with his parents became better. They tried to know him more, to be closer to him.

His parents would now, always find time to bond with him. They even filed one-week leave just to bond with him. Something he didn't know will made him feel really really special, especially to his parents.

It wasn't like he didn't feel any special for the passed three years. He did felt his parents love while studying abroad. They would always call him, ask him how he was doing, and if he's fine.

But them, asking about his well-being, is something special for him. And them, doing things together, playing, is too heartwarming.

And to say that he was grateful is an understatement. He was beyond grateful for this blessing.

He wanted to know why his parents changed.

Is it because fo the food they ate? Or the movie they watched? Or maybe because of some events?

And now...his dad is telling him that it was all because of one person.

His person.

He was too surprised with his father's revelation. The thing is, his dad called him to go to his office early in the morning suddenly.

Before he could ask his father, his father immediately spilled the tea. And to say that he was surprise, is an understatement.

Luckily, he managed to open his mouth and ask a question for his father.

He wanted to know why his father is telling him this secret.

"Would you rather, I keep it as a secret?"

He swallowed before he shook his head, "It's just that...why now?"

His father shrugged, "I thought he told you 'bout it. It seems like he didn't."

He stared at his father with sharp eyes, not believing his father.

His father sighed, "I just want you to know that we support you. Me, your mother, his parents, your friends, everyone are supporting you. There's no need for you to prolonged your dating stage. Just be in a relationship already.

"Ehh?" he couldn't believe what he just heard from his father. What he heard was something not normal, not with his father's attitude.

"Well, I just thought you're still not that sure with that idiot—something obviously unbelievable because you're always talking about him—or maybe you're scared at us. You think we're just lying when we said we support you, so you're making the other guy wait?"

"What?!"

'Is this really my father? What crapness is he talking about? Have he lost his mind?' he asked himself.

"Despite that guy, being an idiot, he's a good man. You can't find someone like him in this lifetime anymore. I'm too sure that his love for you is genuine. I'll bet my fortune on it," his father then gave him a heartwarming smile. "If you're gonna end up with him, your mother and I will stop forcing you to give us grandchildren, and instead let you decide for yourselves."

He blinked, still couldn't find the right reply.

His father call his Vee an idiot then describe him as a good man, all in one sentence.

Wow. Should he be happy or what?

And wait...his father...did he just said he'd bet all his fortune for Vee?

Did he just became Vee's number one supporter that he's a bit scared with the thought of Mark, being unsure of Vee?

He let out a laugh when everything finally registered in his mind.

"What are you laughing at?"

It took him a moment before he could control himself.

He blew some air after laughing so hard then he spoke, "The thing is...you told me yours and Vee's secret, you spilled it, because you're afraid that I'm holding myself back? That I might find someone else?"

His father nodded.

"You told me what he did, because you're afraid that I might reject him if ever he ask me to be his boyfriend?"

His father nodded.

"Are you that scared that I might fall in love with someone else, and leave Vee?"

His father nodded unconsciously. But when he realized what he did, he immediately shake both of his hands in front of Mark.

"No! That's not it!" he said in his defense.

Mark rolled his eyes, "That's definitely it is."

His father let out a sigh, giving up, and said, "Just don't tell that idiot. I don't want him to think highly of himself."

"He's not like that," he said, in Vee's defense.

"Oh please...if only you knew..."

"Knew what?"

His father shrugged then changed the topic, "So...why aren't you in a relationship yet?"

He smirked before he rolled his eyes, "Before you get the wrong idea, I'm not planning to love someone else other than Vee Vivis. It's just that..."

"Just what?"

He frowned, "I'm saving it for his birthday next week."

His father's mouth formed an 'o' before he rolled his eyes.

"That's too shallow. I wasted one secret just for that shallow reason of yours. I shouldn't have told you about it."

Mark just laughed.

But deep inside, he was too happy. Vee made his way, not just in his heart, also to his parents' heart.

Despite their constant bickering and arguments, his father fully entrusted him to Vee.

This made him extremely happy and grateful.

"Okay. Then you may go. Your secret's safe with me."

He was about to leave when he remembered something.

"What was it?"

"Will you please continue what you are about to say awhile ago?"

"What am I going to say awhile ago?" His father asked, a bit confused.

"If I only knew...what?"

His father raised an eyebrow when he realized what his son meant, "Do you really wanna know?"

"Yes," he answered, a bit hesitant actually.

His father's blank expression changed. He plastered a smirk, looking at his son.

"While being my secretary, he blurted out things that I feel like he shouldn't."

"L-like what?" he asked, stuttering. He didn't know why he's nervous, but he is nervous.

"Oh...just about you, confessing first?"

His eyes grew wider.

"Told yah. It's some——

He cut his father off, "I need to go! Bye, dad!"

He immediately slammed the door of his father's office. He covered his face using his palm then...

"Vee Vivis!" he shouted, with reddened cheeks.

»»——✮——««

And true to his words. When Vee's birthday came, Mark asked him to be his. Of course, Vee immediately said yes.

Why would Vee say no in the first place, right?