PART FIVE

"I told you, there's  nothing!"

Vee had the sudden urge to punch each one of them. His friends kept asking about his relationship status with Mark. When he told them there's nothing, they wouldn't believe him and kept on insisting that their friend's just lying.

He's not lying though.

They're just...more than friends...but less than lovers? Vee's not so sure with Mark's feelings, but he's sure with his.

"Liar!"

Vee sighed for the nth time, "Why do you keep insisting that there's something?"

Before Nuea could answer, his phone vibrated. He immediately opened it, it was a text from Mark.

From: Masa_Mark

Are you busy?

He immediately typed a reply.

To: Masa_Mark

Nope. Why? Is there something wrong?

After a minute, Mark replied.

From: Masa_Mark

Can you come here tonight? I have something important to tell you.

His smile grew wider after reading the text. He then replied with a sure.

"There's nothing. There's really nothing," Nuea mimicked him, making him look at him with daggers. Nuea raise an eyebrow, "What? You kept saying that there's nothing going on between the two of you. If only you could see your face in the mirror, Vivis. Tsk."

"What do you mean by that? What's wrong?"

Bar is the one who took the honor to answer, "You look like a dog smiling from ear to ear. If you're a dog, you're probably wagging your tail by now."

Vee's other friends started laughing.

He rolled his eyes before taking his car keys, "I need to go somewhere. Don't make a mess on my place, or else," he threatened before he left.

His friends' eyes followed him until he was out of sight.

They exchanged meaningful looks before shaking their heads.

***

Vee arrived at Mark's place. He immediately went inside but he didn't see Mark inside so he decided to call him.

"Where are you?" he asked the other.

"Old ship."

"Okay. Wait for me there." his excitement faded.

Whenever something's bothering Mark, he would choose to stay at that old ship not far from his place.

Vee immediately went there, and a frowning Mark greeted him the moment he entered.

"What's with that face?" he asked, a little nervous but he managed to smile.

Mark patted his side so Vee sat beside him, eyes are fixed on Mark.

"What's the matter? Something happened?"

Mark nodded his head then sigh.

"What is it?"

Silence.

Vee decided to shut his mouth when he didn't get any reply from him. He kept tapping his leg.

What's wrong with Mark? Did some——

"I had a talk with my dad this morning," Mark finally decided to break the silence.