PART SIX

——Wait a minute...!——

Three years had passed since the last time he stepped in this country.

Mark could still remember the last time he was on this country. It was a sad yet joyful day in his life.

He missed his country. The surroundings, ambiance, the food.

He miss his home.

Which happens to be a person named Vee.

Mark frowned when Vee popped in his head.

He wanna curse that idiot for not contacting him for three years, but he couldn't.

He left three years ago. And for three years, he heard nothing from that guy.

No calls. Not even a single message.

Mark reminded himself to strangle that guy to death once he saw him.

"Mr. Masa?"

Mark looked at the guy who approached him.

"Your parents sent me to take you home."

He just nodded at the driver his parents sent. His parents couldn't make it because of some unknown reasons. His father didn't actually gave him a specific reason, but he didn't bother ask him about it.

"Let me help you, Sir. The car's over there."

He just nodded, and let the driver took his things away.

Only his parents knew about his arrival. Well, maybe their housemaids too.

Within that three years, his relationship with his parents became better. Them, being supportive, surprised him to the core, that he once thought his parents were kidnapped by some aliens and were replaced by the parents in front of him now.

It sounded so mean, but what could he do? They weren't that supportive before. It's not like he's complaining though. It's just too surprising.

He asked himself: What food did his parents ate for them to be like that?

In the middle of his trip, he decided to call his parents to prevent himself from dozing off.

"Hey, honey..."

Mark just smile at his mother's image on his IPad's screen.

"How's your flight?" he heard his Dad asked.

"A bit tiring. But I'm fine."

"That's good. So...why didn't you bring a girlfriend with you?"

Mark frowned as his father's question, "Couldn't see anyone fit for my standards," he simply answered.

That wasn't really a lie though.

He couldn't see anyone because he's not even looking for one.

Plus, no one could fit his only standard: Vee.

Vee became his standard. Not his attitude, not his handsomeness, not his intelligence, but he himself.

In short, if you're not Vee, then you're not qualified, get lost.

"I knew you would say that."

He forehead creased, "And what do you mean by that?"

"My friend's child is the same age as you. And you know...I like this person's attitude. So...I want you to meet that person soon."

"Okay...wait...what?!" Mark eyes widened in shock as realization hit him like a punch. "W-what do you mean by that?"

"What your father meant is...he's setting you up with someone."