PART FOUR

"Can you move to this side?"
"Err...I think it's better on this side."
"Can you tilt your head a bit?"
"Try to pose like that without shaking."
"Don't move, but don't be too stiff."

Vee knelt on the sand after receiving a lot of instructions from Mark.

"Can I just kneel here?"

Mark raised his paintbrush, looking daggers at him.

"I'm tired," he complained. "You've been asking me to do this, do that, be here, no there, plus, I've been standing for a long time but you haven't found the angle you're looking for."

Mark asked him to be his model for his painting. At first, he was very excited. But his excitement slowly fades away because after twenty minutes of preparation, Mark still hadn't found that perfect angle he was looking for.

"Are you complaining? Do you want me to find another model instead? If you don't wa——

Vee cut him off, "Who said I was? I was just suggesting. He he..."

Mark rolled his eyes before he went back to ordering Vee again.

Vee actually don't know what's gotten into him, and why all of a sudden, he wanted to paint him.

It's not that he was complaining at Mark's sudden request or he's mad—which is total and utterly crap because he's too far from being mad—about it. But Mark's orders are getting on his nerves.

'This is gonna be the first and last time I'll ever let someone paint me.' Vee thought.

"There! Good! Stay where you are, don't move or else!"

He frowned, "Can you just take a picture then copy it? It's——err...I'm actually good. Standing is a type of exercise. It'll help me strengthen my legs he he he."

"Smile naturally," Mark ordered, which he immediately followed.

Vee's lips formed a smile,  not because Mark said so, but because of the image of Mark in front of him.

He seemed like a different person especially when he's painting. He's too focus on his artwork, eyes glowing. His love for his work is something that Vee admired.

So when Mark told him his story, he felt sorry for him because he'd never been in that situation. He would always get want he wants, he would always against his parents and stood up for what he wanted.

It's so sad to think that there are still parents who treat their children as some kind of robots that they can control and order around.

Looking at Mark's image right now, he thought of taking his phone and take a picture, but of course he couldn't. One wrong move, and he'll find himself full of paint because Mark's paintbrush already flew to his side.

These past few months, they got closer and closer to each other.

Vee already settled things with Ploy. They ended everything between them peacefully. But what made Vee surprised is what Ploy said before she totally left him.

"Don't you think it's time to admit that our feelings grew apart? Not just mine, also yours. I hope by now you're already aware of what I meant," he gave him a smile. "Vee, I knew I have done awful things to you not just once, twice, thrice, a couple of times, but trust me when I tell you...you deserve love more than you could think off. Don't let the opportunity pass without even trying."

Vee understood it, what and who she meant by it. When he started paying attention to his feelings, he understood it.

He's into Mark more than he's willing to admit.