Chapter 5

The Alphas & The Heiress just hit 100K views!!

So to celebrate, here's an early update!

You'll get another one tomorrow too :)

**I don't know what all triggers people these days so I'll just reiterate that these characters are dragons, they have different bodies and morals than humans.**

— — — — —

Magnolia

Sure enough, as soon as I am dressed and cleared by the good doctor, Gorm's ugly mug appears in the doorway. What's unfortunate is that he's actually not  ugly at all. Much like his king, he's slim but toned, has angular facial features, and long, silky brown hair that just kisses his shoulders.

It's disturbing how attractive they are, it's unnatural. But what they have in looks they lack equally in manners.

"So you can follow directions." Gorm's mouth twists into an exceptionally sinister smile.

"Remind me to add your balls to the list of organs I'll relieve you of before I kill you."

Gorm snarls and I grin at my victory of getting under his skin. "Let's go, Illian's waiting. You too, Doc."

I look over my shoulder towards Ember. She looks just as surprised as I am that Illian wants her to attend dinner. A hint of fear flashes across her face, her hands wringing together in front of her.

She doesn't voice her nerves, she simply nods and gestures for Gorm to lead the way.

I run through the plan in my head as we follow him through the cavern. Confirm he released my dad and uncle, torch him, go home. Easy.

We finally come to an alcove in the cavern with a 12 foot ceiling and light brown, earthy rock walls on three sides of the room. The front of the room opposite where we entered is completely open, giving a grand view of the heart of Drow Hollow just below.

It's not what you'd expect of an underground cavern. It's not damp or musky, it's not dark or cramped. It's open and spacious, there are lanterns and torches along the pathways and large chandeliers that hang in various places throughout. The stony pillars give natural support to the high ceilings and carved bridges. The edges of the doors are curved into arches. There's nothing sharp or jagged about this fortress, and if it wasn't the home of my current enemy I'd even call it charming.

I'm still looking out over the balcony when I feel him, the air losing its heat to the endothermic snake behind me sucking the warmth and goodness out of his surroundings.

"I'm pleased you could join me this evening, my flower. You look... magnificent."

I still don't turn to face him. "Have you held up your end of the deal? Did you release my family?"

He clicks his tongue, thinking about how to answer. "Your family members are no longer in Drow Hollow."

That's an evasive response but I don't think he's going to give me anything better. My family is free, step one done. Now for step two, torch the worm.

My fingers flex wide by my sides giving the beginning wisps of green flames space to dance between them.

Ian tuts at my back. "I wouldn't do that just yet, little flower."