Chapter 41

Happy almost Friday!

Still sick #covidsucks but managed to write this 2700+ word monster.

I'm not sure where to begin warning you about this chapter... it's... rated R to say the least. Not for the faint of heart.

Blame my fever haze. #sorrynotsorry
— — — — —

Magnolia

After feeling Ro's bond break away and being faced with the possibility of losing Varian too, I didn't think anything would be able to mend the cracks in my soul. But simply being back in Ro's and Varian's arms makes me feel like I'm whole again, they make me feel safe.

But we're not truly safe, not yet. Not while Ian still breathes. Much like the day I escaped, or the moment I was reunited with my mates, I have been imagining Ian's death as well. As his treachery grew and his body count increased so did the cruelty of my imagination.

I pictured torturing his mind like he tortured mine, I fantasized about making him watch as I spooled his intestines out of his body, I even thought about tattooing his entire body with fey fire — the lines of which would burn eternally, subjecting him to a lifetime of ceaseless pain until my artwork eroded away his flesh and bones.

A girl can dream.

But I've since settled on something much more satisfying, and I want my men to watch me play. I want them to know beyond a doubt that their fears of having a mate they couldn't protect don't apply to me because I'm just as strong as them — stronger, actually, but we'll let them pretend — and fully capable of protecting myself.

Before we head to the cells I need two things; Xander and a babysitter. Varian and Ro follow me out into the hallway where lo and behold I find the two things I'm looking for, except they're not how I expected to find them.

I cock my head to the side in amusement at the scene before me. Ember has climbed up Xander like a spider monkey and their tongues are getting well acquainted with one another.

I'm not going to lie, I did not see that coming.  Varian chuckles through our link.

Never pegged him for an exhibitionist.  Ro chimes in, equally amused.

He certainly never kissed me like that. I think to myself but by the way Ro and Varian growl from behind me I surmise that they heard my thoughts too.

What I mean is he's kissing her how you kiss me. Like they're bound. I rest my head on Ro's upper arm while Varian wraps his arms around me and rests his chin on my other shoulder.

Xander's eyes blink open as he reluctantly comes up for air, noticing the three of us admiring the view before he can kiss her again.

"Enjoying the show, my Queen?" Xander quips and he releases a crimson Ember to her feet. She buries her face in his chest, too embarrassed to face us after being caught fornicating with my guardian in the middle of the infirmary hallway.

"Quite." I challenge back with a raised brow. "Ember, could I beg you to watch the babies while I steal Xander for the night?"

Cock block. Ro and Varian speak in synchronicity.

They'll get their play time...as soon as I get mine. I growl back. I've been itching for this moment for months and every additional second that I have to wait makes my teeth hurt.