Chapter 26

Happiest of Mondays!!
Work's out for the summer 😎
Time to write and write and write

— — — — —

Magnolia

It feels like it did five months ago between Ro and Varian and me. The inescapable pull towards each other, the insatiable need to maintain physical contact with them any chance I can get. I think we all needed this morning to happen, we all needed to exorcize our own demons.

Although I'm still aching for their touch to bring me sweet relief, they've showered me with tender affection. They lathered my body in lush soap and then rinsed me off just as thoroughly. They refused to let me dry myself, opting instead to have the pleasure of doing it themselves by hand. They barely allow me to lift so much as my toothbrush, they're that protective of and attentive to me.

"We told you, you deserve to have the most serene pregnancy. We don't want you lifting a finger, we don't want you stressing your mind or your body." Varian splays his fingers across my now clothed belly. "Mm, such a magnificent body it is growing our pups so perfectly. You're fucking incredible." He purrs and then captures my mouth with his.

"Var," Ro warns, "she needs to eat. Let's head down before we all end up back in bed."

Not that I'd mind.  I think to myself but allow the twins to hear.

Varian grins but Ro just huffs and leads us out of the room.

Everyone else is already in the kitchen by the time we get downstairs. Xander and Ember sit across from one another on opposite ends of the island while Kat and Incandis occupy the middle. Kat's covered in bruises that weren't there yesterday, but she's practically sitting in Incandis' lap while he feeds her grapes one at a time. They must have exorcized their demons too...and then some.

Seeing him smile the way he does at her, the way he cares for her, makes me forget for a second that he was the orchestrator behind invading my mind and betraying my trust.

I chance a glance at Ro and Varian, smirking in anticipation of their reactions to seeing Kat in this state. They stand stark still next to me, nostrils flaring, eyes flashing between their usual color to black. I run my hand over Ro's broad chest, pecking a chaste kiss on his cheek and then turning to Varian and repeating my action. This seems to break them of their thoughts and they follow me towards the breakfast bar.

No one makes a sound, no one dares to look at one another unless it's with a scowl. There is only the clanking of forks against plates and the scraping of bar stools against the wooden floor.

I take a deep breath in and steel myself for the work that needs to be done today, not just in repairing – or at least addressing – the ways in which we've all hurt one another, but in calming the colony, getting caught up on the events here in the last five months, and planning our final take down of Ian and the pit he calls his kingdom.

"Incandis I need you to have our parents and the guards meet us in the war room in 45 minutes. Xander, set up a schedule for me to visit each sector of the grove today and notify the occupants. Then I need the four of you in my office as soon as you're done."

I turn away from the kitchen and begin to head out. I don't need to look back to know that Ro and Varian are following right behind me. Together we head up to my office to await the rest of the group.

I feel better today than I did yesterday, but there's still something gnawing at my insides. I just don't know how to bring it up to the guys.

Of course, Ro senses this and he breaches the conversation for me.