ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

INCOMING CALL: UNKNOWN NUMBER TO SUNGHWA

ACCEPT DECLINE

"Hello?" Sunghwa answered with slight grogginess in his voice. Right afterward, there's a slight pause on the line. After a few seconds, he hears the voice that he wished he didn't have to hear.

Automatic Female Voice:

You have a collect call from an inmate (Leigh) in Lees County if you wish to accept the charges please press 1 or press 2 to decline.

Sunghwa groaned out again as he sat up in his bed staring at the dim light on his phone. His mind was rolling debating on what he was going to do.

But since he didn't make a selection at the time that the operator had requested it repeated the same statement once more.

Finally, a choice has made by Sunghwa.

Automatic Female Voice:

Thank you, please hold

There was a brief pause until a female came on the line. "Took you long enough," she scoffed through the line

Sunghwa rolled over sitting upright on his bed he wanted to hang the phone up but decided in the end to not. "What did you do this time, Lei?"

"Does it matter?! Just come and pick me up!" Leigh hissed back onto him

"Yes, it does, so tell me," Sunghwa retorted back to her.

"Look, I only have five minutes to talk and so far I've already used 3 minutes of it, so are you going to come and pick me up or not?" Leigh questioned with annoyance laced in her voice.

"Is there a please in that?" Sunghwa teased back.

Leigh laughed through the line before pausing in silence and then speaking rudely to Sunghwa. "There's your answer, now pick me up."

Right after that, Sunghwa heard the slamming of the receiver hitting down, and then his phone call ended.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

- The first chapter is up.

- Just a little insight into Sunghwa and Leigh's relationship

- Leigh will be either called by her first name or by Lei which depends on who it is.

- let me know what you do think