ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

Sunghwa let out another long, loud frustrated sigh as he glared down looking at the call-ended words on his screen, waiting for nothing more but to squeeze the poor thing to death.

All he wanted to do at this very moment was to crawl back into his comfortable bed and cover his body with his covers, allowing himself to resume what he was doing beforehand; sleeping.

Unfortunately, that wasn't going to happen. As he headed out of his room, he curses himself into thinking that he could get some decent sleep.

Sunghwa rubbed the back of his neck before getting up and finding a dark pair of jeans and a comfortable white shirt to put on. He then grabbed his phone slipping it into his pocket.

The night was quiet, too quiet, and that only meant that Leigh was up to no good.

Sunghwa headed downstairs grabbing his keys and wallet from the dish by the front door and a hoodie from out of the closet in the process.

He slipped on some comfortable shoes as he walked out of his place to his car.

Sunghwa pressed the unlock mechanism on his keychain and then clicked open the door hopping inside.

Once more he looked at the clock on his car viewing the time of 04:45 AM.

"Shit," Sunghwa muttered to himself. It was going to take him at least 45 minutes to get to the jailhouse to bail out his friend.

He started the engine of his car and waited a few minutes before reversing his vehicle back and then pulling out onto the main road.

As he drove to his destination, Sunghwa turned on his radio to listen to music to keep himself awake.

It was six am in the morning when Sunghwa arrived in the parking lot of the county jail.

He parked his car turned off the engine and just glared out looking at the gray stone building in front of him.

Sunghwa pressed his forehead onto the steering wheel, wishing that he would rather be home than here at the moment. "Why does she always do this to me?" He asked himself.

Sunghwa dragged his tired body out of the car closing it behind him and shoving his hands in his hoodie's pocket as he walked towards the building.

He pulled the handle to the door and welcome himself inside the building.

Standing on the other side of a bulletproof window was an elderly woman who was busy tapping on the computer in front of him.

Sunghwa took a deep breath and lifted a hand tapping at the window.

The elderly woman stopped keying on the keyboard and turned to notice Sunghwa.

She adjusted her glasses and gave him a small smile. "Well, hello there, Sunghwa, how are you doing today?"

Sunghwa sighed returning a sad smile to the woman. "Same o, Same o," he replied.

The elderly woman nodded and places her hand under her chin. "Are you here to pick up Leigh?"

Sunghwa leaned forward on the counter in front of him. He sunk his head before lifting it back up. "Unfortunately, do you know by a chance why she was arrested, Mrs. Song?"

Mrs. Song turned her head and quickly taps Leigh's information to see if she could pull up the reason that Leigh was arrested.

While waiting for Sunghwa rapped his fingers on the counter waiting patiently for his answer but unfortunately, he wasn't going to get his answer. "I'm sorry Sunghwa, it's showing that her case is pending at that moment," she stated to him.

Sunghwa slammed his fist on the counter as he bit the bottom of his lip. "It's okay, maybe she'll tell me. How much is her bail?" He questioned, pulling his wallet out of his back pocket.

She pointed her finger up in the air with a smile appearing on her face. "That I can tell you."

Again she tapped her fingers on the keyboard and Sunghwa waited as always. "Mmm, bail 3, 000, 000 won," she said to him.

"Lovely," Sunghwa groaned again, taking out his card and handing it over to the woman.

She took it and did the necessary to process Leigh from her cell. "Honestly, Sunghwa I don't understand why you keep doing this for her," she sadly said, shaking her head.

"Yeah, I don't know either," Sunghwa said in return.

Finally, the process was completed and the woman got up walking to the back.

Sunghwa now did what he normally does once the process has been completed. He goes in sat down on one of the chairs, waiting once more patiently.

He leaned back in his chair and closes his eyes to get a couple of winks.

Seconds turned to minutes until Sunghwa heard some noises coming from the back.

He opened his eyes and noticed a tall man bringing a dark skin woman up to the front with her hands behind her back smirking.

The officer released her as the old woman pulled up some papers for Leigh to sign.

She laughed and made comments toward the two people who always laughed with her.

The paperwork was signed and another buzzed happened to allow Leigh to go through the doors to meet up with Sunghwa.

She eyed Sunghwa changing her expression from happiness to rudeness. "Took you long enough," she grumped, rubbing her wrist due to having them handcuffed earlier.

"I'm here aren't I?" Sunghwa felt annoyed that she didn't even say thank you for helping her out.

"Pfft, whatever, just take me home," she ordered, already brushing past Sunghwa and heading towards the exit.

Sunghwa followed behind her but a loud outcry stops them. "Leigh, you forgot your paperwork," the elderly woman said.

Leigh stopped in her tracks turning around to head back. The frown that she had on her face towards Sunghwa was now an excitedly happy good lucky expression as she skipped back to the woman. "Thank you, Mrs. Song," Leigh stated to the woman, leaning over the counter to grab the papers.

The woman smirked at Leigh. "You're welcome but I don't want to see you again, I understood? You're too pretty to be in jail."

Leigh took the papers and rolled them up slipping them inside her back pocket. "Thank you for the compliment but I can't make promises," she winked at the woman before turning around to leave once more.

Sunghwa, Mrs. Song, and the officer that brought Leigh up to the front all shook their heads knowing that they will all go through the same ordeal once again with Leigh.

On the heels of his shoes, Sunghwa headed back out of the building as they both walked to his vehicle. "So are you going to tell me what this time was about?"

He asked, unlocking the door and getting inside his car.

Leigh rolled her eyes, kissing her teeth. "Does it matter?"

"Uh, yeah it does," Sunghwa shot back at her. "This shit is getting old, Leigh. You're always doing something stupid and I'm the one having to bail you out each time."

Leigh turned her head, ignoring Sunghwa as she rolled down the window, allowing the cool air to blow on her face.

In front of them, the sun was starting to come up and Leigh shut her eyes before leaning back in the seat. "I'm tired just take me home."

━━━━━━━━━━━━

ғyι:
3, 000, 000 ₩ ιѕ eqυιvalenт тo $2671.30 υѕd

yeaн, ѕнe dιd ѕoмeтнιng вad тo вe ғιne тнaт aмoυnт oғ мoney