ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ

Gray rushed out of the restroom, along with Simon trailing behind him as the head doctor glanced around, hands in his lab coat as if he was searching for someone.

Of course, he was, that person would be Gray since he was considered the next of kin to the twin sisters.

Gray hurried over to the doctor who appeared to have a saddened look on their face, that the news that was about give wasn't good.

With the grim appearance on the doctor's face, Gray could tell that the matter between the sisters had taken a turn for the worst.

This wasn't what Gray expected.

The doctor began to explain the situation to Gray, who dropped to his knees, making him have to choose the choice only towards Lia.

Out of Leigh and Lia, Lia was considered the one that most likely wouldn't survive through the night.

Her chances were less than her sister's.

"We assumed that both sisters were going to make it, but when I returned to the OR, it appeared that things have gotten worse. We can save Leigh since her injuries aren't as bad as Lia's. Do we have your consent to move forward?"

Gray gaped out after hearing the news.

Save one. Only one can be saved.

One sister has a far better chance of surviving.

And Gray was the only one that can make that decision.

"Is there a way he can see them?" Simon questioned the doctor.

The doctor gave a nod of his head.

He turned his body, guiding Gray to where he needed to go.

"Beyond this point, the area is sterile, so you must wear special scrubs to see them, "the doctor explained to Gray.

Gray nodded. Soon after he was dressed from head to toe in a sterile garment before he entered the area where the sisters were located.

"I will be able to wake them up for a moment, Mr. Kwon, " the Doctor added.

He turned to one of his nurses who administered a serum into the sisters' IVs.

In a few minutes, Lydia was the first to respond, fluttering her eyes open for just a short moment.

She noticed Gray as he cuffed her hand delicately.

Lia started to cry as she glanced over to her sister who was still out.

They decided to do each sister one at a time so that emotions and stress won't overwhelm them.

"Gray...," Lia managed to barely say to him.

Gray shook her head. "Please, Lia, listen to me, since..., " is all Gray could say. He knew if he said anymore, it would confirm the truth the woman that he loved so deeply was going to be out of his life soon.

"I know, Gray, I know, " Lia choked out.

Gray's glassy eyes opened bigger as Lia relayed the truth that would soon happen to her. "I don't want to lose you, Lia, " Gray leaned forward gently laying his body on Lia. "Everything was starting to look up for us, now it seems that I'm going to lose everything that means so much to me. I-i just can't make this decision. "

Lia placed her arm on top of Gray's head, she stroked his covered head as Gray placed his head up, streams of tears flowing between both of them.

Lia shook her head. "Gray, you're not going to decide for us. I've decided to decide for both of us. I know that this would be the hardest decision that you would ever have to make. Leigh is in far better condition than I am, she can fight through this if you are there to help her. Please, Gray care for my sister, the two of you are going to need each other after I'm gone. Please, promise me you will. "

With her last breath, Lia gave her last wishes that were reached by the doctor who was about to awaken Leigh but changed his mind.

There was no way he could wake Leigh up so that she could hear what her sister just announced.

Leigh would fight against Lia and tell the doctor that she should be the to live.

Lia smiled at Gray and kissed him on the lips for the last time.

She managed to turn to Leigh, smiling at her sister, telling her goodbye as well.

Her eyes grew heavy once more as she slipped back out, drifting off to a deep sleep that she'll never wake up again.

Lia's monitoring system which was beeping suddenly now flatline in front of Gray.

He couldn't believe it. No, he didn't want to believe it.

But the truth was right in front of him.

Gray didn't have any other choice but to accept that Lia was gone.

━━━━━━━━━━━━