ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

"So, Ms. King..., " The psychiatrist ruffled through her papers before glancing up to look at the patient that was sitting on the black couch across from her. "I've read the report on you and understand why you're secluded yourself in your feelings. But after everything, after being here for some time now, are you ready to talk?"

The young woman sighed. She rubbed her nervous hands roughly together as she took in another deep breath before she exhaled.

She told herself that she could do this. She needed to do this. Not only for herself but for the people that she loved.

Her constant outburst was causing those that loved her to drift away. Mainly Gray.

Their relationship was already rocky after the death of her sister, Lia.

She thought back after waking up from an induced coma to learn that her sister passed away.

The baby that carried was gone too. That Leigh would never see her twin, her best friend again all because of her being jealous of her relationship with Gray.

She went into a fit of rage because of it.

Not wanting to have anything to do with anyone who tried to comfort her.

Leigh blamed herself for everything even though others tried to state that it wasn't.

But to Leigh, it was. If she had just been the better person, the better sister none of this would have happened.

Lia wouldn't be laying in the morgue, being prepared for her final resting place.

It was even to the point that Leigh didn't even want to go to the funeral.

Physically and mentally, she didn't have the strength.

Weeks passed with Leigh staying cooped up in the apartment, secluding herself from the real world.

No one could get through to her. Leigh was alone.

Lia, her sister was joining their parents who had left the twin sisters when they were eighteen.

They had to learn to fend for themselves. Leigh who was the oldest out of the two, worked the hardest while Lia continued to go to school.

At least one of us should continue with our education, Leigh remembered telling Lia who also wanted to work as well.

However, Leigh wouldn't let her, Leigh being more street smart and Lia was the academic twin out of the two.

Lia compiled, going to college and Leigh landed an after-hour cleaning job at the record company when she ended up meeting Gray.

Well, sort of.

She was just doing labor work, only cleaning up the studios when she heard Gray in one of the studios singing.

She didn't want to interrupt him but Leigh didn't want to get in trouble with her boss because she didn't complete her job.

Leigh quietly waited, and sat comfortably on the black leather couch until Gray was done.

As she did, Leigh listened to Gray's soulful voice. It was soothing as she allowed the music to flow into her ears.

She was in a deep trance that she didn't even know that Gray had stepped out of the recording booth and he was staring at the strange woman.

Leigh opened her brown eyes to see another set of brown eyes glaring back at her.

She jumped, startled that she wasn't the first to introduce herself and explain why she was there.