ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

"I hate you, Sunghwa!" Leigh spat as she was being forced out of Sunghwa's home to wait for the van that would take her away. "You promise that you wouldn't do this, you promise Sunghwa! You promise...!"

Promise.

That's what Sunghwa promised as he jumped from the couch, kicking off the throw that covered his body.

He rubbed his face, feeling the sweat that transpired after seeing the past, remembering the promise that he gave so many nights ago.

In all of his life, Sunghwa has never broken a promise, so why now?

Why the sudden change?

This wasn't like him. He wouldn't ever do this as he turned his body, leaning forward, placing his head on top of his fingers that were cuffed.

He kept beating himself over and over again, going through every scenario that could've changed what shouldn't happen that night.

Yet, nothing came to mind.

The same thing would've happened no matter what he assumed he could do to fix it.

It was bound to occur and there was no way that it could be changed.

One sister was going to hurt the other one and Sunghwa was caught in the middle.

Something he didn't want to happen but you can't help it. Your feelings take over, taking charge and no matter what, someone always ended up getting hurt.

Sunghwa sighed out loudly, rubbing his face as he flashback to that day - the night where everything happened. Where he wished he could've gotten there sooner, and stopped the fiasco before it became worse.

♦♦

"I'm so happy for you, sis, " Leigh expressed, reaching over and hugging her sister.

Lia, in return, hugged Leigh as she gave a small chuckle, pulling back from the hug.

Lia had just announced to her twin sister that she was getting married. No words could express how Lia felt right now as her sister glared at the ring, watching it glimmer from the reflection of the light from the sun.

They were currently out at lunch when Lia told her sister the news.

"So who's the unlucky man that will have to put up with you as well as me?" Leigh joked, taking a bit from her sandwich.

Lia's smile that showed on her face faltered as she heard what her sister had asked.

"It's Sunghwa, sis," Lia replied.

Leigh's heart stopped that instant when she heard who her sister was getting married to.

But out of all guys, why did it have to be him. Leigh glared at her sandwich, no longer having an appetite for it as a frown appeared on her face.

She dropped the sandwich, scooted back her chair, and picked up her bag. She dug deep into her bag, grabbing a couple of bills and tossing them on the table before storming away leaving Lia alone.

Seeing Leigh's abrupt gesture, in which she knew that it would happen, Lia quickly put down her share and tries to rush behind her sister.

"Sis, stop!" Lia called out, trying to catch up. "We need to talk. "

Leigh rolled her eyes, still ignoring Lia as she kept walking.

As she was waiting for the taxi to pick her up, Lia finally managed to catch up to Leigh who had her arms crossed.