Chapter 13

I sit outside on my balcony, sitting down, drinking a can of sprite soda. The feel of the softly cushioned fabric and the matching pillows. The smell of fresh spring air. I look up at the sun and then close my eyes when I think it's safe.

Suddenly I hear a loud snip coming from the back of my head. I turn around to see my husband, he's known for doing pranks. I don't worry but I look at him confused. He smiles and then looks at the hair in his hands. He stops smiling, instead he looks quite worried. "turn around!" He tells me while shouting it out. I turn back to look at the sky, I hear another snip and I feel my eyes burning. My husband just starts laughing, he has an actual chunk of hair in his hand: it's huge. Tears come out of my eyes, and then he says this, "cmon, stop crying! I'll fix it!" I find it impossible to stop, but I keep following him.

He sits me down in a ready made chair, like he planned this. On a table, he has clippers and scissors lined up. He switches the clippers to a 7 just about where he cut it. The clippers buzz on, he takes them to my head, the vibrations hurt. The only thing that fills my head is the sound of snips and buzzes.

He continued to shave my head, only grabbed the scissors to cut my long locks, the floor is covered in my chocolate brown hair. Once the clippers and scissors come to a stop, he turns me around to the mirror.

I hated it, I looked like a man not a girl. He just burst out laughing more while I cried harder. I ended up have to get a buzzcut with around a 4. My husband only laughed at me, he found it entertaining to watch me cry, he loved cutting my hair too, that's 100% why he did it.