Chapter 21

Living in a group home is hard, especially with no siblings. All I had was my hair, I only had one pair of shoes and one outfit. Other then that I had nothing.

Well anyway it was adoption day, which is when a whole bunch of families come in, and see all of us. You have to get all dressed up and stuff.

I liked to get dressed up really fancy so I got up really early. I put on a school uniform looking outfit. I braided my hair and put on a grey cardigan.

By the time I shower and got dress, it was around 8:30. The day starts at about 9 o'clock so I have thirty minutes of free time. I usually use this time to do some math or reading. Today I read Gracefully Grayson, it's about a transgender girl who plays the female lead in the spring play.

It was about 9:08 when I finished my book so people should be coming in any minute. Just then I see a family with two kids, one younger one about 8, the other, about my age? Maybe 13? The parents look middle aged, probably around 35. They walked up to me, surprisingly. Apparently the older kids are harder to adopt out.

"Helloooo," the girl says, "my names Taylor, what's yours?" I stare at her brown eyes, they are beautiful. "Hi? Sorry, my names Delilah." I say. She whispers to her parents, "I like her." Her dad says this, "we can't just get the first person you see."

They walk away to the other two older kids, before going in the nursery. They quickly walk out of there and back up to me. "Would you like to go home with us?" Says the mom. "Sure!" I say. "Ok, then we just need to sign some papers." She continues.

They go to the front desk, and talk to the lady there. Her name is, Mrs. McHeart. I like her name, it sounds cool.

I sit at my table, but then I decide I should sleep for some reason.

Welp, I never introduced myself. I'm Delilah, I'm 10, and I have long dark hair. I am about 5'0 tall and I have green eyes.

They come back to me and say I should pack my stuff. "Well.. I don't have anything other then this.." I say. "Really!?" "Yeah.." "we can take you out shopping!" "Okay!"

I hop into there car after we walk out of the salon. Turns out we weren't going shopping until after something was done.

"What are we doing here?" I say. "We are here to get your haircut." They say. "Uh ok.." I reply.