Chapter 17

I sit in the chair, a bowl blocking my vision. Kitchen scissors ready near my eyebrows. My sister was getting to give me any haircut she wanted. My hair long, reaching to about my butt. She's six but a devil, she said she wanted to be a hairdresser so my parents are letting her cut my hair. She gives me a huge smirk, then makes chopping noises.

She puts her hand on my head and starts to cut. As she gets closer to my ear, the snips get louder. She goes slower each snip, trying to make it more painful for me. She's at the back of my head now, my hands are shaking and im crying. She gets to my other ear now, continues to cut, and finally makes it to the end. She removes the bowl, tells me to get up, and makes me hold her hand.

She walks into my parents bedroom, "tada!" She says. My parents look at me and almost burst out laughing. "very good honey!" My mom says, "perfect!" My dad replies. My sister leaves the room, "I will fix your hair right now, sorry for making her cut your hair.." my mom suggests. "That doesn't change the fact that my used to be butt length hair is now to my ears!" I say in an angry tone. "Hun, we are just supporting your sisters dreams, even if that means you get a little haircut." My dad says. "But it wasn't little! It was huge, she cut off over 16 inches!!" I say. "Stop fighting! If you don't I won't just fix it, I'll shave it!" My mom says. "Fine." I say, this was so unfair.

My sister got what she wanted and I got a haircut, a one with 20 inches cut off. I just stand there with my arms crossed. "Well, are you just gonna stand there or do you want me to fix it?" My mom says walking towards the door.

I follow her out of the room into the washroom. She grabs some scissors and starts to cut some of my hair to fix it. She say this next, "don't move or you'll have to shave it all off." I try not to shake but all I can think about is what my friends would say.

My mom continues to try to fix it. The ground is covered but little bits of my hairs. I watch as more fall to the ground. She finishes both sides, but she's not done yet.

She grabs the clippers and turns them on. She blends my shortest hairs into my longest ones. I end up with a really short haircut, it looks like my brothers. "Sorry hun, it's for your sister." My mom says but I'm not focused on that.