chapter 30

"Ainsley Blaire Blaine!" Mom shouted. "Is it time for our morning run?" I asked. I rushed to the top of the stairs. "Yes. Are you ready?" Mother asked. I nodded. I ran down the stairs to put on my shoes.

You know, the best thing about running to me is my long hip length hair flowing in the wind when I run. It feels so nice on my skin and it feels amazing when the air flows through your hair, especially if your hair is long. But mine is extra amazing because my hair is super long, not just long. That's why my hair is so important to me.

Everytime we run it's for 6 miles, 3 miles one way, 3 miles back. We started the run and I ran fast so I could have the feeling, the amazing feeling. The feeling of the wind flying through my hair. My mom jogged behind me. She stared at my hair. I smiled, she was jealous.

We reached the end of the trail so we turned around. I saw my mom pull her hair down from a ponytail and ran infront of me. She winked at me. It's on.

We made our way back to the car. We start to drive off and we drive past the turn to our house. "Oh, uh mom, you missed the turn." I said. "I know, we're going to get ice cream." She smiled. I nodded.

As we pulled into a parking spot I stared at the front entrance of the ice cream shop. It looked so delicious, I didn't even realize the chop shop next to it. We both got out of the car and before I could open the door my mother, turned me around and pushed me over to a barbershop called chop shop.

We walked into the barber shop. It's was nearly empty other then two barbers and 3 other people. But I realized one of them had long hair, maybe this shop doesn't chop?

We sat down in a waiting chair. "Ainsley Blaine? It is time for your haircut." He said. My mom came along with me. I sat in the barber chair he pointed at. "So, mom, what were we thinking?" He asked. She whispered it to him. He grinned.

"So Ainsley, you have been doing somethings, haven't you?" He asked. Oh god, what did my mom tell him? I didn't do any drugs or anything. He turned the chair around, picked up the scissors and handed them to my mom. "Hello, are you ready, this is your punishment haircut." She smiled big. But I didn't do anything..

She grabbed 8 hair-ties and sectioned them out on my hair. She then took the scissors to the top of my head. And above each hair-tie she cut.

"The first ponytail is for vaping." She said. I didn't vape? She put it in my lap. "Second is for bullying your siblings." She said disgusted. I can't deny that one. "Third is for parties. Particularly the one that you threw at our house." She rolled her eyes at me. What party? I'm so confused, she has no reason to cut my hair. "Oh and, for wearing makeup when I told you not to." She said. What? I didn't do anything. "These four are for not cleaning your room. And boom, we are done." she turned me around to the mirror. I started crying when I saw my hair. It had been cropped to almost nothing and the ponytails mom was collecting them. it would never grow back. Im never gonna feel the windy breeze. ever again.