chapter 34

Me and my husband went on a show called inches. It was a popular show around the time after we got married. So we decided to try it.

Inches is a show based of of well, inches. Every episode is based off some type of inch. It might be height or anything measured in inches. It was removing or adding 30 inches onto or off of something.

"On today's episode of inches we have the lovely newlyweds, Axel and Flora Eltro!" The host shouted. We were then told to walk out onto the stage. My hair had been brushed and straightened by the stylist and they gave me a beautiful dress to match with Axel.

Once we got onto the stage the host started talking, "the theme of today is hair inches, Flora's hair is about 33 inches!! Axel will cut cut his wife's hair!! First we need to measure!" He told the camera. The immediate panic in my head was insane. Axel looked at me. I smiled at him and mouth "it's okay."

I went to sit down in one of the chairs as the camera zoomed in on me. The host handed Axel scissors and the measuring tape. He put the measuring tape against my hair. The 30 inches started above my ear. Only 3 inches of hair would be left.

Axel picked up the scissors and cut a piece of my hair at 30 inches. He then put the measuring tape back down. He took the piece next to it and snip
and he kept on snip snip snip until he got to one side of my head. The hair sat right next to my eyes. It felt so short compared to my waist length hair.

"Do you trust your man to cut your hair, Flora?" He asked. "I do but I didn't think it'd be like this." I said. He laughed. I felt Axel go around the other side of my head. He started feathering my hair with the scissors. I was lucky he took a hairdressing class in high school. He moved in front of me and started forming the bangs. They were so short. He kept cutting and all I heard was the snip sound. Then the host guy handed him clippers. He flipped on the switch. He started blending in where he had cut off 30 inches.

I stood up once he finished. "That's Flora and Axel Eltro! This is inches!!" He said. We walked off the stage. We immediately went back to our car. I started sobbing. "Flora it's okay. Your still beautiful." He said. I looked at him. I just sobbed.

To cheer me up I took a picture. I honestly thought I looked really good. Maybe this haircut isn't bad after all. I looked like guy, but a sexy guy.

 I looked like guy, but a sexy guy