~twenty four~

Flashback
The wedding day

Jayla took a deep breath as she slid into her long white dress.

"Damn Jayla ya ass can't fit." Jada said wiping her forehead.

"You playing right?" She asked and Jada nodded with a laugh.

"I can't witchu sometimes." Jayla laughed.

"You still love me tho don't chu?" Jada said.

"Yeaaa." Jayla smiled and Jada laughed.

"Alright now you can look." Jada said backing away.

Jayla turned around to look at her self in the mirror and smiled.

"It's so pretty." She said softly.

"I knowww Kaseem gonna be cheesin so hard I can already see it." Jada said and Jayla smiled.

Every now and then Jayla would wipe her face and Jada started to worry.

"Oh lord the bride is cryin" Jada said handing her a tissue.

"I don't know if I can do this Jada. What if I trip over my dress, or what if one of Kaseem's ex's walks in and starts boxing my ass." Jayla cried and Jada looked confused.

"You was drinking before this weren't you?" Jada asked and Jayla nodded.

"I couldn't help it." She sniffed.

They heard a knock at the door and Jalen walked in with a smile.

"Heyy." He said and then stopped.

"Why she cryin?" He asked and Jada shrugged.

"She talm bout how one of Kaseem's ex's might show up." Jada said and Jalen raised an eyebrow.

"Them bitches dead Jay." Jalen said and Jayla's eyes widened.

"Really?" She asked and Jalen shook her head laughing.

"No but they probably in a hospital right now still. Kaseem's a crazy nigga." Jalen said and Jada shook her head.

The room got quiet for a minute until Jada talked again.

"Anyways the wedding starts in about two minutes so um we gotta get ready to go." Jada said and they all got up.

________________________________

The music played and Jayla went down the aisle.

Her heart was racing and happy faces filled the room.

"Kaseem looked so handsome" She thought.

As she went in front of him she could see tears filling Kaseem's eyes. Her heart melted..

"Awe." She said and Kaseem laughed as she wiped his tears.

A/N I don't remember what they say next to imma skip a lil lmao.

"Into this union Jayla Harris and Kaseem Jones now come to be joined. If any of you can show just cause why they may not be lawfully wed, speak now, or else forever hold your peace." The pastor said.

Nobody said anything and Jayla felt a relief.

"I charge you both, here in the presence of God and the witness of this company, that if either of you know any reason why you may not be married lawfully and in accordance with God's Word, do now confess it."

A/N: I hope copy and pasting this shit ain't illegal or nothin. 💀

"Jayla Harris , will you have this man to be your husband; to live together with him in the covenant of marriage? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, be faithful unto him as long as you both shall live?"

"I will." Jayla said and Kaseem smiled.

"Kaseem Jones, will you have this woman to be your wife; to live together with her in the covenant of marriage? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, be faithful unto her as long as you both shall live?"

"I will." Kaseem said.

"Will all of you witnessing these promises do all in your power to uphold these two persons in their marriage?" The pastor said to the congregation.

"We do." They all said in unison.

Blah blah blah..

"You may now kiss the bride."

Jayla and Kaseem shared a kiss. A long one at that and everyone clapped.

While walking down the aisle Jayla realized what was happening now. Her life was changing.

Hope y'all enjoyed and sorry I took so long lmao.

Please check out my new book!