Chapter 2

NATASHA POV

----------------

I wake up to Steve beside me, stroking my hair. He notices that I'm awake and smiles at me. I smile back at him, and he gets up and goes over to the kitchen, and starts frying bacon. This makes me wonder...

"How long have I been asleep?" I ask him.  I need to really strain to get it out but say it anyway.

"About 10 to 14 hours, but don't worry because you need to rest after what Bruce did to you," he spat out the name, as it pained him to say. 

I nod and decide to accompany Steve inside the kitchen. I get up and scoot off the bed, but before I can even take one step, intense pain rushes through me and I immediately fall to the floor. Steve runs to me and carries me onto the bed. He shakes his head and launches into a lecture about not getting off the bed because it can set back my recovery. He looks so dorky and I egg him on, loving his annoyed expression. When he finishes, it's time to go to SHIELD. Steve doesn't have a mission, but he needs to go for an important announcement. He gives me the bacon and leaves after kissing me on the cheek. God, I love him so much. I eat the bacon and when Steve gets home, Steve somehow has been given an important mission.

"I have to go, babe, Ros has disappeared and we need to find her. No, you cannot come, but I'll text you and you can give us some tips, but Wanda can cover that too." He tells me, triggering a mini panic attack.

My breathing quickens as I envision Rosanne's dead body sprawled across the floors of a dead room, and Steve getting lost. Somewhere between the red and black, a soft touch reaches through and clears away the blood and darkness. The fog clears and the touch disappears, but the work is done. I fall asleep after that and when I wake up at night, I order pizza. It arrives and with it comes Steve. My lips curl into a gigantic smile, but it fades when I see Steves's miserable expression, red eyes and teary face. He sits next to me as he rubs my back.

"We found Ros, but...not her, her body." Fresh tears leak from his eyes, and my sadness piles up until I can't hold it in anymore. The waterworks start, and I cry harder than I have in years. It's just her. She seemed indestructible, almost immortal. I can only imagine how much the others are crying. I know just who killed her, Bruce will be dead when I find him. Steve pats my back until I have calmed down. I eat the pizza with him, but even his kind smile and dorkiness can't cheer me up. I fall asleep, but when Steve is asleep and resting, I leave a small note on the table for him and leave for Wanda's, knowing my leg will hate me.

Steve,

I'll go to Wanda tonight and maybe tomorrow. We don't have to go to SHIELD tomorrow, but I'll just spend some time with her and Vision, calm them down, and maybe they can help me. I'll miss you, but it'll just be a day. Is it fine? I'll be safe, and I can hop there. :)

Love, Nat

--

I arrive at Wanda's by hopping and steadying myself. I was shocked to see the number of tissues lying around the house once Vision lets me in and the mere state of Wanda. Once she sees me, she leaps up from the couch, with her puffy eyes and tear-stained face. She pulls me into a hug and invites me to sit next to her on the couch.

"I just cannot calm Wanda down. She is a mess, and I try my best, but she isn't even in the right state to speak," says Vision. He rubs Wanda's back and her sniffling calms. 

We sit together for the rest of the night and we eventually manage to fall asleep together. When we wake up, it's noon and when I try to walk, I can actually walk, it's only a bit sore. I wave goodbye to Wanda and Vision after brunch with them and walk back to my house. (We moved into my old house). I knock on the door and Steve greets me. He pulls me into a hug and a little bit of my sadness evaporates. He seems so happy when I tell him that I can walk. Thank god for Rosanne. It brings tears to my eyes that I never got to say goodbye. Bye Ros... 4ever Besties.