Chapter 11

STEVE POV

-----

Fog. Fog everywhere. Fog covers my lens of vision. I don't dare to breathe to preserve my freedom. I release a small breath. I cover my mouth to muffle the sounds of my breathing. I'm sure they heard me. I run through the forest, careful that the leaves underneath me don't crunch. I need to get back to Sarah and James and find Natonce I get SHIELD's help. I'm a father. A husband. A soldier.

Crunch. 

Uh oh. I keep running away from the horde of voices I hear in the distance, but it's not very fast in the land of fog. Their torches illuminate a needle in a haystack. The warehouse is small, but I know where to go there. I create a trail of footprints to the side, into the trees. I then float onto the trees and leap from each one. Finally, I get to the warehouse and look for the garage. A Quinjet. Perfect. It's working well enough, and I drive it out. I keep going forwards, trying to find a path somewhere. I fly over the forest and see the HYDRA men turn into dots. I fly lower and visit a warehouse, turning on the extended hearing device.

"Do we have another torture session for Black Widow? A Quinjet? It's probably a stray that someone accidentally turned on. But we need another one anyway," This must be the place. I land on the helipad and quickly get off while the men come to inspect it.

I walk stealthily into the building and look into the rooms. I see one with a label.

TORTURE ROOM FOR TEST SUBJECT NATA5HA

I knock out one of the guards at another door quickly and take the uniform. I walk inside the room and close the door. There she is. She has no wounds but is attached to a chair, her eyes look stressed, and bags are underneath them. 

"What do I have to do now?" Nat's voice sounds so weak. I was about to answer Nat, but other scientists came inside and turned on a machine. Nat clenches his teeth and screams in pain as electricity bolts enter his body. Finally, after a few minutes of torture, they turn it off, and Nat looks at me groggily. I take off my disguise, but Nat seems scared and confused. That stupid machine! I plant a kiss on the bridge of her nose, but she still doesn't know me. I instead call SHIELD from a phone there, and they come within a minute. They storm the building, and I get Nat out as they shut down the base and free the other torture subjects. 

Once on the jet, I prop Nat up on a seat and rest my head on hers. Her face looks contorted for a second, but her face slowly relaxes, and she smiles her familiar Nat smile at me.

"Where are Sarah and Jamie, sweetie?" I smile at her and open my mouth, but Nat passes out. I let her sleep, but her brows scrunch into a tight hold, and a few seconds later, she wakes up from her nightmare.

"Sarah and James are at home, honey. Just rest, and we'll get there soon," I plant a soft kiss on her forehead, not ready for the three words that change everything. 

"Thank you, Bruce,"

----

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱! SHIT SHIT SHIT!OH NONONONONO!

Anyway, I just watched Dr Strange's Multiverse of Madness, and It is so FUCKING GOOD!