Chapter 14

NATASHA POV

-----

These past few weeks have been terrible. Since Bucky died, I haven't seen Yelena anywhere, and Steve has been grieving so much that I haven't seen him since the murder. In addition, Ros has disappeared, and Lolo has disappeared as well. I take a deep breath as I go downstairs into the basement. I see Yelena strapped to a chair with a vacant expression. Steve is there as well. I wrap him up in a hug as Yelena strains against the straps. I bent down to see if she had an agent label, but she didn't. A navy blue blast narrowly misses me as I stand up and hits Yelena. Yelena drops off the chair, the restraints burning. I turn around to see Ros and Lolo at the foot of the stairs into the basement.

Ros was enveloped in purple wisps and Lolo navy blue wisps. They were both radiating sparks of lightning. A massive surge of sadness shoots through me. Ros laughs manically, and LoKia smirks evilly. Steve steps in front of me and asks the question.

"Why would you do this? It's not a part of you. You aren't this person." Ros raised an eyebrow.

"When I influenced Yelena to kill Bucky, knowing that I killed him, it felt good. Even with Yelena, it feels good, powerful and promising to kill. It would be best if you tried it sometime. You better check on the burnt faces of your pathetic kids. They didn't even put up a fight when I stabbed them, just begged me not to kill you guys; obviously, that is a shitty opinion. Killing you is obviously the best way to go!" Red, hot anger coursed through my veins. Before I could do anything, Steve charged at Ros. She narrowly avoided the punch, and I saw this opportunity to attack LoKia.

"Run, Kia! I'll deal with these bitches!" LoKia disappeared, and Ros gathered energy in her hand. I had never seen crackly purple in her hand before. As it came toward me, I dodged it easily and scoffed. Steve had been scaling the area, trying t find a way to get behind her without alerting her. I was distracting her as he climbed his route.

  "Is that the best you can do?" Ros growled at me.

"Watch out, sweetie," a strange purr to her voice was almost enchanting. I broke free to see blasts of all shapes and sizes coursing toward me. I dodged them and saw Steve get behind her. My smirk disappeared as a blast grazed my skin and knocked me to the floor. I could still see, but my vision was slowly disappearing. I saw Rosanne pin Steve to the floor and beat him until his body stilled. My idea of my surroundings slowly turned black, and my feeling disintegrated until all that was left was existence. Just empty space. Somewhere during the open space, I start to imagine scenes. Steve. Sarah and James. Bucky, Yelena. Then I realized it. I'm dead. That means Steve died too. They all lie on the floor and slowly start to crawl up.

Bucky and Yelena collide in the centre with a kiss, and Steve smiles when he sees me. The scene is starting to change. A beautiful field of dandelions with our dream house in the centre. Sarah and James are young children, three or four. They are playing on the field, and Bucky and Yelena's house is right next to us, with Yelena and Bucky kissing their newborn baby's head and finally, Steve standing in the centre. I run up to him and wrap him up in a tight hug. It's been many twists and turns, but we're all together at least. Forever.

Lolo coming into our field and hugging us like nothing happened is gold. Looks like Ros killed her too.

"Lo, what happened to your mom?" I tenderly stroke her hair.

"Her magic corrupted her. I think she got something extra, and her magic changed her. My magic changed me too, but now I don't have it. I don't need it. It's safe here," It is safe here, with my favourite people.  

-----

The finale is dropping tomorrow! What do you think of this snowballed ending?