Chapter 9

YELENA POV

--------------

My disguise is still working. I can't believe Nat still hasn't noticed me. I have been working at SHIELD for a long time now. I haven't dated anyone, and I haven't done anything out of the ordinary. I long to tell Nat, but I'm not sure she'll be happy that I've lied to her for years.

"Hey, Nissa, want to go to my place for a girl's night from seven to maybe 10 or 11? Wanda and Maria are coming too! Come with your pyjamas," Nat chirped at me, and I saw this as an opportunity to reveal myself to Nat. So I nod and walk out of the gym and up the stairs to my apartment.

 I change into some clean clothes and pack some pyjamas in my bag. I also take my phone and some snacks. I arrive at six-thirty and say hi to the kids. Once everyone else comes, we all have dinner made by Steve together, and I see my chance, but then I'm interrupted by the girls wanting to play truth or dare. Finally, after loads of dares, I get a piece of truth from Wanda, and it's the one I've been dreading.

"Are you hiding any secrets? If so, which ones? Remember, you are on the lie detector rope!" The lie detector rope Nat and Steve had was unstoppable. I couldn't lie. I suck in a deep breath.

"My name is Yelena Belova," As soon as the words leave my mouth, Nat gasps and tackles me to the floor, and everybody's jaw hits the floor. 

"So, you've been lying to us; the real Nissa is..." Maria's voice trailed off.

"An artist, living her best damn life," Nat wraps me up in a tight hug, and during the rest of the night, we talk and have fun. Everyone swears to secrecy that they won't tell anyone, but the kids and Steve know. We eat snacks and have a pillow fight. At one point, Wanda starts to cry when we begin to blast music. At first, I was confused, but then I realized it. The song is one of Ros's songs.

"We were young as we crossed the brigade, bouquet of something that we couldn't keep, something I didn't want to let go, old as love ripped us apart, made us wiser and sadder... But, baby, I miss your young touch, even if it's years old...Wanda, Nat, me and Maria entirely fall apart as the song mentions us.

"They are my saviours, people I lean on when my typical pillar crumbles from age; blood-red hair, red jacket, Brown bun, a Black pocketful vest, my new pillars, my new place of comfort..."

Maria switches off the player, and the New Pillars song switches off, and we spend the next hour crying about Ros, but I know her secret. I want to see her, and I've convinced Thor not to commit suicide because I know Ros will come back for us one day, but she's being trapped in her mind and a constant loop, a body she's able to move, a mind she isn't able to control. She called me for three seconds, told me she missed everyone, and then hung up immediately. I could hear one scream of pain, and then I listened to the dial tone. 

I decide to go home, and Wanda and Maria also set off. Nat waves goodbye and I walk away. I get back to SHIELD, and Fury greets me with an angry look and a mission the next day. First, I need to track down and kill a thief. The thief's name is unknown, but her stage name is the Purple Widow. She is rumoured to have some magic and works for the Red Room. I'm going to be accompanied by Thor, Wanda and Nat, she's a challenging target, and she has two accomplices called Blue Widow and Grey Widow, which have been given the super serum and can kill by saying the person's love. 

--

I meet Wanda, Nat and Thor at the door the next day. We get into the Quinjet and head for Sokovia, where she is rumoured to be. Once we get there, we see the thieves walking around the deserted area. Finally, we get off the jet and see the thieves up close.

The ones at the side look the same, with black hair and green eyes. The one in the centre is Ros. Aside from the looks, we see the familiar purple wisps enveloping her blonde hair; she looks pretty much the same, but her smile is replaced with an emotionless expression. Thor, Wanda and Nat gasp, and Ros's eyes show an intense shade of red but slowly disappear, and her devilish face shows. The others fly up to us.

"Well, let's see...what is your love? Let's start with this one," Wanda's face is tilted up by the Widow's, and they see her necklace from Vision, which has Wanda's and Vision's names on it. Nat and Thor come to the rescue, but I know what will happen. So they fall back from the force field that the Widows created. They are about to kill Wanda, but Ros silences them.

"Stop. The girl is my friend. Leave them alone. Go back, and I'll deal with them, tell them I won't be returning. Carry on with your lives, Alohomara Alicia, Alohomara Chloe. Go on," The girls' eyes immediately turn red, then zip away. Ros's eyes focus on us, smiling her familiar smile when she sees the wedding ring on Wanda and Nat's fingers. She frowns at my empty hands and smiles when she sees the necklace with a picture of my dog Flip on it. Her smile stretches wider when she sees Thor's bare hand.

"So, I guess we've tracked you down, huh?" Wanda gives Ros the biggest hug I've ever seen, and Thor smiles at her widely.

We hug and kiss Ros on the ride back and ask her what happened.

"So, the Red Room took me in and mind-controlled me, and I've just been working with them for ten years. I mean, they planted a dead body in after Bruce almost killed me, and then I saw Nat that day and deliberately let footage of me leak to the press, so you guys could find me and bring me back wherever SHIELD is now," Thor smiled at her, and Nat showed her pictures of Sarah and James. 

"Would you like to meet them, sis?" Ros smiled at Nat hugely.

"Of course, I would like to say hi to Steve too!" Ros smiles at everyone, what we all need.

------

I hope you like this chapter! I realized that I haven't been doing the songs, so here's my mix for some vibe songs :) 

Heart Attack, Stone Cold, Dancing with the Devil, by Demi Lovato | All of SOUR, by Olivia Rodrigo| r you ok, she's all I want to be, feel like sh*t, you broke me first, wish I loved you in the '90s, friends don't look at friends that way, by Tate Mcrae| Thank you next, seven rings, Dangerous Woman, God is a Woman, Positions, by Ariana Grande| Lightswitch, by Charlie Puth| Shape of you, Shivers, Bad habits, by Ed Sheeran|

Hop this is a nice selection! :)