Chapter 6

SARAH POV ( 10 years later)

-----

I woke up, snoozing my alarm set for seven-thirty. I wake up and put on a sweater and thick pants. I get ready for school and wake up James. I go downstairs and eat pancakes with Mom and Dad. I put on my backpack and go to the car. We get kissed by Mom and Dad before we step out of the car. The cold air of winter in New York pinches my face. Imagine a building with over eight hundred friends that you hang out with, beautiful plants and flowery shrubs, and supportive teachers: this is my normal atmosphere. I walk to     Mr.Banner's classroom with James and do my special handshake with Lauren. I sit down next to Lynette and take out my maths booklet. IN the middle of the lesson, Mr. Banner gets a phone call and looks worried when he finishes.

"Sarah, James, you need to go home. Your mom just gave me a call. I'll help you pack your bags and take you to the gate where your mom is," Mr. Banner guides us outside the classroom, and Lauren waves goodbye to me.

The second we get outside. Mr. Banner takes us to the staff room and closes the door. He punches me and James. We try to fight back and use the skills our parents taught us, but he manages to push us into the janitor's closet and lock us inside the closet. The blood leaks from James's leg and I see blood leak from my leg as well. We try to use the tissues and clothes to stifle the bleeding, but it's no use. Then Ms. Bulb comes into the staff room. James and I scream for help, and Ms. Bulb looks horrified when she comes inside after unlocking the door. She calls our parents and takes us to the nurse. Mom picks us up from the nurse after the nurse finishes patching up our wounds and says goodbye to us. Dad greets us by the car and wraps us up in a hug. We have a very nice afternoon, Dad bought us pizza and we got to watch TV the whole day. But during dinner, Dad asks the three words we had been dreading.

"Who did it?" Dad looks worried, but Mom looks angry.

"Mr. Banner, our teacher," James bit his lip after throwing our teacher under the bus.

"Wait...did he look like this?" Mom shows me a picture on her phone. The person had the exact same structure, features, and style as Mr. Banner.

We nod, and Mom swears under her breath. Dad shushes her, and Mom looks at him sweetly. Dad and Mom told us to go up to the bed and I hear them calling someone. I hear Dad swearing at the person on the phone. We look at each other but don't do anything. The next morning, we go to Uncle Clint's house. We spend the day playing with Nathanial and testing each other with school work. 

When we get home, Mom and Dad aren't home, so we decide to go to Auntie Wanda's place, because the door was locked. We scribble a note on the dust of the window and go to Wanda's. Wanda isn't there though, so we decide to go to Lauren's instead after changing the note. Lauren and I have a sleepover, and James hangs out with Lauren's brother Lucas. When we get back home the next morning, We see our car pull up on the porch. Mom and Dad emerge from the car.

Mom rushes up to us and opens up the house, and when we are inside the house, Dad hugs us and sends us to Wanda's. Wanda and Vision welcome and we spend the day with them. WHAT IS GOING ON??

---