Chapter 15

ROSANNE POV (Many years later)

----

I've been trying to break the barrier out of my mind. I see what I'm doing, but I have no control over what I can do. I've killed everyone except one. Thor. He's a hard target, and I can't do it. I walk the remnants of New York and take a deep breath as I zap to Asgard. I paint myself invisible as I look at the crumbling wreckage of Asgard, with no one to rebuild it. Finally, the smoking rubble leads to someone in the boulders—my favourite person ever.

As I edge closer to his curled form and gather up the killing blast in my hands, I stop it. 

"Do it. I can't live here anymore," My husband's familiar voice is barely a whisper, and then I realize what I have to do.

"Fight against me. I can't live knowing I killed you in cold blood. I'll probably lose it," The god's entrancing ocean eyes and kind smile don't distract me. I'm up in the air, and Thor flies opposite me.

I send a blast toward Thor, and he sends back a bolt of lightning from Mjolnir. The explosion disintegrates under the lightning, but he doesn't know my secret. Next, I send a magic coil toward Thor, but he blocks it with a powerful blast of lightning. I suck the lightning through the loop, and Thor's eyes widen as I start glowing with electricity. I then shoot daggers from every direction and manage to break his flight.

I look away as Thor plummets to the ground, knowing he'll have a great time with Kia. I fly down to the Earth, replaying the crunch and splat as he hits the floor. There's no one left. No one will hear me. Just get on my knees and scream. Scream out all of the pain, all the sadness, all the anger, all the injustice. The sound is horrible, but it feels even better than venting my emotion into the killing. I can't keep everything bottled in anymore. Everyone expects me to be a happy person. Always kind, always loving, never sad or angry. Even Nat said I was never going to be angry or sad in my life. Ever.

After releasing the bursting bottle, I sit on a pile of wreckage and close my eyes. I feel flowers growing along with the land, the boulders lifting. I think the destruction I'm sitting on has disappeared. It's changed into the soft grass, and I open my eyes to see the Earth in its breathtaking glory. Rivers are rushing, flowers are growing, and animals are running wild and free. I run my hands on the flowers and stroke a sheep's head. The sheep speaks and says hello. I have always been able to understand animals, and as I get up, I see my form. I have soft white fur and black hooves as they clonk across the plain of grass. I feel an urge to eat it. I've changed it to a no human environment.

----

(A BILLION YEARS LATER)

I scamper across the field. I stray away from my herd, and I see a house that seems familiar. I clomp inside with a fresh mouthful of grass and see pictures that have a strange tugging. A blonde man. Thor. I convince myself that being here is better, and I tug myself away when I hear my girlfriend call me.

"Hey, sweetie! Come on, and it's feeding time!" So I scamper away to feeding time, with the image tugging at my brain. It drags all night, but I turn back into a human and sit back on the original spot of the wreckage. I feel calm immediately and go back to my herd. It's a way of life. No more them.

-----

I understand I said tomorrow, but I was so bored that I decided to do it now. An original might come out soon, and I want you guys to know that I want to thank you for your consistent support and the reads and votes that I'm getting. I hope you've enjoyed the crazy journey I put these characters on, and I hope you liked this story! Some more songs for you guys:

I wish I loved you in the '90s and All my friends are fake by Tate Mcrae

Confetti and Woman like me by Little Mix

Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift