a boy from another world

Disclaimer goes for the whole book. I own nothing, except for some plot points I put in the fic. Christopher Paolini owns the inheritance cycle, while Rick Riordan owns Percy Jackson and the Olympians, along with Disney I guess? Please support the official release.

In a realm, similar to Earth, yet different. This world, is known as Alagaësia. A world full of magic. This world is home to many different races. From mighty dragons, to stone heart holding dwarves. This world, just suffered a calamity, a mighty betrayal, one so cruel, it could even be considered a tragedy birthed by the gods themselves.

The crippling of the dragon rider order. Betrayed by one of their own. Galbatorix, the mad king, the black tyrant king. Out of the many riders who once served the domain of Alagaësia loyally and dutifully, only a select few remained steadfast in their oaths to uphold the peace, security, justice, freedom, and stability.

The newly proclaimed king of Urû'baen, once having been an elven outpost, outside of Du Weldenvarden, the forest kingdom of the elves. Galbatorix rules with an iron fist, with his generals, the Forsworn, a group of turncoat dragon riders, who broke their vows, and betrayed their oaths. Those that didn't join Galbatorix, were hunted down and slain, if they were lucky, if not they were captured and dragged off somewhere, and subjected to unspeakable horrors.

Galbatorix stood at the balcony of his castle, looking out over his home kingdom, pondering on what he wanted to do, now that he had his kingdom, enslaved his new dragon, and wiped out the old order so he could replace it.

'Well now I'm just bored. The riders are through, only myself and those that remain loyal to me are alive, and even if there were some in hiding, there can't be that many, they could never rise against me. I broke their spirits, I destroyed Vroengard, I broke and corrupted the Eldunarí, which are now my slaves! With their mighty power, none shall stand against me! Even Vrael himself, could not best me. This world will be rebuilt in my image. All shall bow and worship me, for millennia, while I guide them in the right way.' the megalomaniac thought to himself.

Gathering his thoughts, he thought aloud, echoing in his subjects' minds, 'come to the throne room immediately. I have something to discuss with you all, and for your sake's, don't be late. If you are even later than three minutes, you will wish you had never been born.' he delivered menacingly, and receiving a chorus of 'yes my liege', he withdrew from their minds.

Hearing and feeling them all approach, the evil king turned around, and walked over to his dark throne, before sitting down. One by one, each of his forsworn came and knelt to him and his throne. All fifteen of them, some were elves, others were humans. Morzan, Kialandí, Enduriel, Glaerun, Luafra, Tepha, Khudna, Bresk, Dilní, Egio, Gnílo, Idroth, Alëane, Bhine, Munya. (1)

The king then spoke out loud, in his rich, oily voice. "My most loyal, faithful subjects, the time has arrived. We have done away with the old riders. The old headquarters has been destroyed, the eggs crushed under our heels, their Eldunarí ours for the taking. You have all served me well, so I grant you all this boon, you shall live lives of luxuries. A castle in any city, any territory you desire. Tomorrow morning, I shall address the people of the town, I will villainize the elves, and the dwarves. I shall unite all of Alagaësia and ostracize our enemies. Once that is done, we will enter a....stagnation, you could say. We will spread rumors, about the elves trying to take over, of them causing the other riders to attack us, and that we merely defended ourselves. Show them that we, not them, are the true victims here!"

Morzan spoke up, "forgive me sire, but that seems rather....lengthy. If I understand you correctly, you wish to merely sit back, and start slandering the elves and dwarves? But why? What could that possibly accomplish? It's as you said, the old order is through, it's finished!" he said. (2)