Hail To The King

3 years later, Perseus' P.O.V

Much had changed in the last three years. Belladonna, Victoria, and Tiamat are now the sizes of medium sized houses, with Belladonna being slightly larger than the other two. Each of them could now breathe fire. Flames matching the colors of their scales.

Belladonna's spikes had tips of sea green, along with her claws. Tiamat had gold colored claws, and spike tips. Victoria's spike tips and claws, however, were black. The Forsworn who had pledged service to Galbatorix, upon their betrayal, their dragons lost their names, rationality for the most part, and even some of their instincts as dragons. The lost their desire to mate. A few of the riders killed each other, in desperate attempt of currying favor with Galbatorix. He quickly put a stop to that though, evidently he didn't want to weaken his forces further.

Under the training of masters Formora, Oromis, and even Brom and Vrael, I grew much better with magic, well, magic that wasn't water or liquid based. My skills with the blade however, while growing, was not thanks to them. I was better with the sword than all of them, even Vrael himself, acknowledges, even if reluctantly, that there was nothing they could teach me about fighting with a sword.

Rhunon, the old sword smith, forged me, using my own body, a rider's sword. The same length as Anaklusmos, only a different color and metal. Starting at the bottom of the sword, it was pitch, dark as night black, then about the middle of the blade it turned gorgeously sparkling blue, before topping off, shiningly purple. I loved it, and named it, ελπίδα και δικαιοσύνη, or Hope and Justice, for that's what it would be.

My friendship with Arya and Glenwing got stronger. I had, with Islanzadi's reluctant approval, and Evandar's easy agreement, started helping Arya with her sword training. My relationships with the other elves, or rather, the elf women, was a different matter.

For some reason, I was drawn more towards the elf ladies of the forest, and made friends with them easier, than I did with the men. Olga, Celestine, Tauriel, Eltariel, Galadriel, Arwen, Zelda. Hell, even Arya, Islanzadí, and Formora, I was quick to befriend. I didn't know why, and while I wouldn't complain about it, I still wanted to understand it.

'Perseus, what's wrong? You seem deep in thought, and troubled.' came the concerned voice of Belladonna. While she wouldn't care about many people, her rider and her sister dragons, were the exception.

'It's nothing really. I'm just wondering, as to why all of my friends, with the exception of Glenwing, and masters Oromis and Brom, and to an extent, King Evandar, are females. I seem to attract them, and I'm trying to decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing.' I told her half jokingly.

'Pft. You are powerful. Power attracts. Do not be concerned about this, at least not right now. We should be focusing on the task Vrael gave to us, last night. Besides, all of those women are powerful, or as is the case with the princess, will grow up to be powerful, and thus will make fine mates for you.' Belladonna said, with me nodding along and agreeing with her, while taking a sip of water, only to spit it out, once she got to the point of talking about mating.

'Belladonna! I'm only twelve years old, mating is the last thing on my mind at the moment!' I said back, blushing heavily, I could feel my face and ears burning, no doubt they were red.

'Why is that? We are only three years old, but even we can mate now. Dragons can mate at six months old, if we wanted to. You two legs are weird.' Tiamat said.

'I don't see the problem. You find these women attractive, and they clearly care about you. Why not just go up to one of them, or all of them, if you want to, bend them over or hold them to the ground, and assert your dominance. Take them by force! It's simple. It's how dragons mate. You would also acquire immensely powerful offspring.' Belladonna said.